cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I just want to know that is there any procedure of patch reversal, because in some case if there is some error occured while importing the patch or some issue has created due to that patch, and I had decided to reverse that patch, I had heard there are some tables from PAT01 to PAT---, what is the procedure to do that, please help me.

Ravi Palanki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

If there is little mistake in implementening the pacth we have to restore the backup for this, no other alternative way?

Ravi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats how it works!...

Thats why preparation is important before start patching.

The other alternative is to fix the problem and resume the patching.

Regards

Juan

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No not really. Depending on the "little mistake" - whatever that exactly is - you might be able to fix it via the version control. You have for all sources the version and you could make a modification so that the old source is active. I doubt that this is advisable in most situations. Patches fixes problems, you have to test the implementation and if you find new bugs you can ask SAP for corrections via notes.

Regards,

Jochen

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated before theres no way to reverse a support pack.

Restore from backup.

Regards

Juan

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the PAT tables only tell you what patches imported via SPAM are in which state. They don't help you to reverse the patch implementation. There is no way, apart from your last backup of course, to reverse a patch applied via SPAM.

Regards,

Jochen