cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of WDExit() on portal logoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have been trying to write some functionality on wdDoExit() of a view. The method - wdDoExit() is called when i close the browser.

But, when i host this application on portal, this is not happening. I want wdDoExit() to be triggered on portal logoff or closing the browser window. Is there any way of achieving it??

Any ideas or work around appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the view lifespan as when visible, so that the wdDoExit Method will be called.

Other way is you can check it in the wdDoapplicationStatechnge methods of component Controller.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

thanx for reply, can u plz throw more light on how wdDoApplicationStateChange could be usefull

thnx,

kunal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kunal,

This is not possible. You can manage only the iview area where you dynpro application is hosted. apart from it. portal logoff and closing window where portal is running. those are completelly portal instants.

And not recomonded that you change portal setting to execute your application code. as portal supports other applications too.

A workaround is.

we have done this for differnet purpose.

when you create an iview in your portal for you dynpro application.

1.on logoff of your portal.. pass a parameter to you application.

2.specify that parameter in your default inbound plug of main screen.(i.e. the screen which executes first)

3. and according to that parameter execute you wdexit of dynpro.