cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing of taxonomy data by excel or xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we try to import taxonomy data from excel sheet or xml file first we import only the category data, attributes & links. Here we are not mentioning the key for the record,then how will we get to know which attribute is linked to the record & also the specific values.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to import taxonomy data from Excel sheet.

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Importing Taxonomies follows some steps:

Import the hierarchy into the taxonomy table.

Import the attributes into the attributes table.

Import the attribute text values into the attribute text values table.

Import the node-specific attribute links into the attribute links table.

Follow these links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30aa1447-80a1-2a10-e483-a76087bc...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6090d0bd-1da7-2a10-468f-bdd17bad...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8090941f-a5a7-2a10-3ba6-b4af5ec6...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/308c62a2-5faa-2a10-fda6-fa4aa716...

Hope this will help you.

Reward if Helpfull.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on May 2, 2008 7:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have studied these documents.My question is when we import the hierarchy nowhere we are speaking of linking of hierarchies to a particular record.

Firstly we are importing the Categories, values, links, but how is a link assigned to a aprticular record.

Regards,

Pramod

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Categories, values, links, but how is a link assigned to a aprticular record.

Ok,

After you import the Attributes, you can select the destination in Import manager as Attributes, and import then as normal values;

then you select the destination tables as values and give the revelant data; for example your attributes you imported prevoiusly are

aaa bbb and ccc and some there values are as follows, then

Attributes values

aaa a

aaa b

aaa c

ccc aa

ccc db

bbb bb

Now you have a destination table for links;

here you can have your categories and there attributes in your excel and then go on to map them...

Cheers,

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If I understood ur question, You want to know that how the records in data manager are linked to all this...

When you have imported Hierarchy,attributes,text values and links. After that goto data manager and for any particular record select any category,in the taxonomy look up field for that record. When you do this, you will be able to see the attributes, linked to that particular category, as new fields in the record details tab of data manager. For these attributes you can select the values out of text values imported in the third step. This is how ur record gets linked to taxonomy and attributes.

Hope this solves your doubt.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to import Excel data. Can anybody tell me how can we import taxonomy data when we use XML file.

Thanks, Points rewarded.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Go through below thread.It might be helpful to you.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Narendra

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If you have done it practically for a sample record, you would understand the scenarios well.

Firstly you will insert the hirearchy for the taxonomy table,

Then you will insert the attributes along with there respecitive linked record.

Then at last you will insert the values along with there attributes. All these are seperate imports; you have to import it in 3 steps.

I hope its a bit clear now; just take a small example and try you will get it.

In case still unsolved; let me know; Ready to help.

Cheers,

Cherry