cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we create a WSIL destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

I need help to create a WSIL destination.

I have 7-8 Application Srevices in CAF exposed as Web Services , I need to create logical destinations for them .

I feel creating a WSIL destination is much more viable than creating a WSDL destination for each service.

I need help to create the WSIL file which i need to put in the 'destination url' field during creation.

Is it a servlet or something .

I am pretty new to Java Servlets , I know Core Java properly , so experts please help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

This is fairly simple. Consider you are deploying your CAF project on the server which can be accessed using the url http://xyz.abc.corp:50000/irj/portal.

Then WSIL url for all the web services available on that server would be "http://xyz.abc.corp:50000/inspection.wsil/"

Note: Do care of the "/"at the end of the URL.

Hope this helps,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh ,

I have created the WSIL in nwa , and put the url.

Should the syetem be of type java or ABAP.

And after creating the WSIL , do I need to do any mappings or something in NWA

Because Im trying to access the WSIL in VC and I get search results as empty.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

System should be Java.

No, You need not do any mappings. The reason why you are getting the destinations empty is because one - you have not defined the system and two - your user might not have appropriate rights.

Hope this helps,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Its me again !!!!!!!!

I am trying to use Enterprise Services in CAF.

I am able to create destinations of type wsdl in nwa and subsequently perform mappings in host:port/caf

But now again instead of creating destinations for each ES, I need to create a wsil.

I have done so for system of type ABAP(for my ECC), and in VC I am able to get all the Services available on the server.

So the question I want to pose is that

how do I perform the mappings in host:port/caf for my Composite Appl with the required destinations ?

because I can't see the wsil(only wsdl's are displayed) in the list for Destinations > Web Services in host:port/caf

So if in case I don't have to do the mappings of the Composite Application with the Logical destination of the wsdl, how would the Composite Appln know where the ES is running ?

And so to get around this, would I have to create a destination for every ES I am using ?

--- Brian

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

As of now there is no option for configuring WSIL destination for Enterprise Services in CAF. You will have to create destination for each enterprise service.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Problem :

When the Composite Application deployed on the CE server are transported onto another server. The operations that are accessed in Visual Composer (using a WSIL), do not function even when a WSIL of the same name is created at the new location with the proper parameters.

Explanation :

For a Composite Application, we have created Composite Application Service which includes operations.

This Composite Application Service is exposed as a Web Service.

The operations are tested from WSNavigator.

These operations are then used in Visual Composer models, for which a WSIL is created and the operations are dragged and placed on the VC canvas.

Then input and output mappings are done for all the operations.

But once the application is moved to another location, and a WSIL of the same name is created at the new location with the proper parameters

The Visual Composer models do not recognize the operations which existed earlier.

For the Visual Composer models to operate properly, a new WSIL needs to be created.

And the same WSIL has to be searched for in Visual Composer, and again the operations have to be dragged onto the canvas, and the input/output mapping has to be performed.

The tasks that are performed is similar to creating the whole application again.

Question :

Do the above observations imply that the WSIL stores server specific information ?

What is the idea behind creating the WSIL and using that operations, if when the application is transported I have to recreate the WSIL and in turn the entire Visual Composer model ?

Answers (0)