SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict for one student to have one major ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although there is no change in the student’s year and semester,

additional registration is currently possible when I registrate a 'program' on the ‘registration tap’ of the 'student file' in ‘CM Standard’.

So, several CS Objects, which are in the same characteristic- study segment, are generated, too.

I want to restrict for one student to have one major based on the student’s year and semester.

Would you indicate me how to solve this on ‘Standard’ – like badi or anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also try with Environment - >Edit specializations menu in the academic structure which would be of more usage .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seungjin,

If you want to restrict multiple majors in same semester. Here are things you can do.

1) implement VSR rules call-up point 0006.

2) or you can user this BADI 'HRPIQ00CHECKSPECIAL'.

which is basically check combination(look into function module -HRIQ_SPECIALIZATION_GEN_CHECKS).

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Now, I completed setting up logic for the duplication check about 2) BADI 'HRPIQ00CHECKSPECIAL'.

As a result of the application, there is no more generation of ‘RELATION’ with CG in the case of duplication

(no allowance for two majors at the same year and semester per student) based on the logic of BADI

when I press “save” button on the page of ‘MAINTAIN ACADEMIC SPECIALIZATIONS’.

But, it still generates ‘RELATION’ of related CS and SC based on the TRANSACTION- registration.

I ask you as below in order to block this kind of generation fundamentally.

-

In the REGISTRATION TAB of STUDENT FILE, SESSIONAL REGISTRATION page pops up when I press ‘registration’ button

after I add new SC in NEW PROGRAM

I automatically reach to the page of MAINTAIN ACADEMIC SPECIALIZATION when I press ‘save’ button

after I input the year and semester that is same as the other SC I already saved in this page of SESSIONAL REGISTRATION,.

Before I move to the page of MAINTAIN ACADEMIC SPECIALIZATIONS,

I would like to represent a message and block the automatic page conversion when majors are duplicated at the same year and semester.

(Again, I do not want to allow for students to have more than one major at the same semester and year)

Please recommend the best solution for this….

0 Kudos

Hi Seungjin,

Firstly, why you guys are using registration screen to create registration? Do you know in IMG you can configure registration in background? When student book his/her first module it will automatically create sessional registration.then it will not trigger 'MAINTAIN ACADEMIC SPECIALIZATION' screen.

"In the REGISTRATION TAB of STUDENT FILE, SESSIONAL REGISTRATION page pops up when I press ‘registration’ button

after I add new SC in NEW PROGRAM "

what do you mean by this ? you are trying to do change of program.

If you really trying to do this. You can implement this BADI(HRPIQ00REG0090). But this function module will only work in dialog mode(read documentation of this badi for more details).

I will not suggest you to maintain module combinations (PIQ_ACSTRUC-edit specialization). It is going to be too much work. You have to maintain all sort of valid combinations.But it depend upon size of your university.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also try with Environment - >Edit specializations menu in the academic structure which would be of more usage .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Could you tell me a detail path about this(t-code)?

i cann't fine where it is.

0 Kudos

Hi,

1) The tcode is PIQ_ACSTRUC . Basically here you give your own combinations - Specializations for year and session .

2) Another way to block is to use VSR 's while creating registration and assign callup point which may probably solve your issue .

Note :

Whenever a SC contains the Module group variant the Specializations comes up ..

Can you elaborate your scenario much better ?

One more query ....in your scenario is the student attending two programs at the same year and session ???

Regards

Gajalakshmi