cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use transaction PPOMA_CRM to create a position with certain number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every expert,

Currently in our system, external number range for position is 10000000 - 49999999, and internal number range is 50000000 - 99999999.

But I have to create a position with certain number, for example position "5007781". When I use transaction PPOMA_CRM to create a position, it automatical assign a number but not "5007781".

Is there other way to create a position with "5007781" number?

Thanks,

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've asked our basis to create a new transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What initial number? internal number range? I did it, but it didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For an internal number range for ur new sub group 01S, u have a column called current number, thr u can put the number 1 before the number u desire.

OR

Create a new number range, and start if from the number u want for subgroup 01S

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shirley

i believe shalini is true,just go by what she said....i did the same thing using that earlier in ma project

it should definitely enable you to create position withur desired number range

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all of you kind support. I will try to search other ways for this issue.

Thanks again,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

This specfic ID is using in our current production system and testing system - CRM 3.0.

And we have another upgraded testing system - CRM 5.0. Since this position is not existed in our upgraded testing system and resulted in workflow failure.

There are two different systems having different current number. Actually if I create a similar position and change relevant workflow, workflow will be work properly. But our tester requires to use this specfic position ID and our basis doesn't want to transport this position to our upgraded testing system. Therefore I have to create it.

Thanks,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Shirley. We have had a similar problem since our system went live - our implementation partners created some bespoke functionality which resulted in us maintaining PROD master data in out DEV system, making testing very difficult/impossible.

I'm afraid I dont know of a way around your situation, unless you are able to define a new BP Grouping (call it 'workflow test' or similar) and create a new number range for this group?

Sorry I cant be more help, I was hoping that there might be a way to avoid you needing to use a specific number range.

Thanks,

Andrew G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shirley,

Can you please let me know why you are trying to create a position with a specific ID?

Thanks,

Andrew G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all you very much to provide me so much good information.

I tried these solutions. But they didn't work for my system. Our current organization plan is 01, so the position subgroup should be 01$$.

In order to create a position "50007781", I have to change external number range from "00000001 - 49999999" to "00000001 -50007781".

But our current number of internal number is "50000199" in our new development system, therefore system not allow me to change external number range with above value.

Is there any good way to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Y don't u create a new subgroup for your position i.e. 01S and put the initial number as 50007781.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shalini,

I believe this is the same idea as my suggestion.

Thanks,

Andrew G.

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

For each organizational unit created in the organizational model a business partner is generated automatically. For this business partners a number range has to be created. But remember you cannot define number ranges seperately for org unit and position, you have to do it together only.

In order to create a org BP (positon) with 5007781 number, please do the following steps:

Step 1: Defining Number Range for Org Business Partners

- Goto transaction BUCF or SAP CRM IMG Menu: SPRO-> Cross-Application Components ->SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner -> Basic Settings -> Number Ranges and Groupings -> Define Number Ranges

- Choose Change Intervals

- Choose Insert Intervals

- Assign an interval you need and provide values for the field No., From number, To number, and flag 'X' in EXT. if external number range is required.

say for ex. provide fields No. Z4, From number: 5007781, To number: 5008000 and flag 'X' in EXT., remember this is only an example and you need to define your number range here based on your current requirement and do it carefully as it is an cross application component.

save your entries.

Step 2: Defining Groupings for Org Business Partners

- Goto SAP CRM IMG Menu: SPRO ->Cross-Application Components -> SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner ->Basic Settings -> Number Ranges and Groupings -> Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

- Choose New Entries

- Enter Correspoding values in field

Grouping: for ex. Z4

Short Name: for ex Org BP

Description: Give some description

Number Range: Provide the number range defined in the previous step

External: Just check this field is you require an external grouping and number range (which is not recommended)

save your entries

Step 3: Set up integration

Activate the integration of organizational units and business partners and assign the number range defined in the preceding sections.

- Go to IMG: SPRO ->Customer Relationship Management -> Master Data -> Business Partner ->Integration Business Partner – Organization Management -> Set Up Integration with Organizational Management

- Enter the following values for the existing combination of Group and Sem.abbr.:

HRALX-HRAC - X

HRALX-OBPON - ON

HRALX-ONUMB - 2 (read the documentation here and assign carefully here)

HRALX-OSUBG - Enter your Number Range defined in the previous steps here.

save your entries.

Step 4: Execute Report for Changeover Classification

Execute the report CRM_MKTBP_ZCACL_UPDATE_30 in transaction SE 38.

Now you can start creating your positon.

These steps will definitely help you in creating a position with a certain number.

I hope this will help you.

regards

Srikantan

former_member768454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikantan J I would like to understand if once you have created an organization the email is enough to insert it in the address tab, or in addition to this you need to do some other configuration for the email?

Tank you.

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

shalini has mentioned correclty

alternatley u can use t code

SNRO

and there in choose subgroup with the name

XXYY- XX is the plan version

YY- Object

besides now that you have maintained the number range for the org ,now the business partner you want to associate in ORG for a particular position you need to manitain the number range for them as well ,it will go like this:

Goto SAP CRM IMG Menu: SPRO ->Cross-Application Components -> SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner ->Basic Settings -> Number Ranges and Groupings -> Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

Choose New Entries

Enter Correspoding values in field

Grouping: for ex. Z

Short Name: for ex BP in Org

Description: some text

Number Range: Provide the number range defined in the previous step

External: Just check this field is you require an external grouping and number range (which is not recommended)

save your entries

now activate the integration of organizational units and business partners and assign the number range defined in the preceding sections.

Go to IMG: SPRO ->Customer Relationship Management -> Master Data -> Business Partner ->Integration Business Partner – Organization Management -> Set Up Integration with Organizational Management

Enter the following values for the existing combination of Group and Sem.abbr.:

HRALX-HRAC - X

HRALX-OBPON - ON

HRALX-ONUMB - 2 (read the documentation here and assign carefully here)

HRALX-OSUBG - Enter your Number Range defined in the previous steps here.

save your entries.

Step 4: Execute Report for Changeover Classification

Execute the report CRM_MKTBP_ZCACL_UPDATE_30 in SE 30

always in PPOMA_CRM where yopu maintain the org structure you can give alternative plan for the no. range inside the settings

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to change the number range for org units/Position:

1. Go to the path:

Customer Relationship Management->Master Data->Organizational Management->Number Range Maintenance->Maintain number ranges

2. Here choose subgroup with the name

XXYY- XX is the plan version

YY- Object

For eg. ur plan version is 01 and orgunit object is S, so u choose subgroup 01S

if 01O does not exist choose 01$$.

If this also does not exist choose $$$$.

Choose the subgroup and go to number range maintenance.

And proceed by adding new interval.

Most of the case it is 01$$.

3. How to know the plan version.

Choose transaction PPOMA_CRM

In the menu, choose Settings-> Plan version-> Alternative

In most of the cases it is 01-Current Plan

This is how u can change the number range.

Wish the information is useful.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan