cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SC / External Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys, hope you can provide me some thoughts according with your experience.

Which is the correct way in SRM to manage the following situations:

1.- For a Shopping Cart that has been sourced (through a Bid invitation) and a PO is already created, if for example my SC is for 10 pieces of one item, and I have created already the PO for those 10 pieces, if my supplier tell me it is not possible to deliver the 10 pieces and only 6. What happen with the rest 4 pieces, I mean I will modify the PO to set it for 6 items, but the shopping cart will remain with 10 pieces?? Is there any way to modify the shopping cart in order to set it with the correct quantity of items??

2.- It is the similar scenario but in this case it is an external requirement coming from ECC, if the PR is for 10 pieces, and I have already created a PO on SRM, but now I need to modify the PO with 6 pieces. How this change is reflected backwards?? Should I change the PR in R3?? How it is going to be shown in SRM If I change the PR in R3 this will create a new external requirement in SRM??

We are planing to use ECS.

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this link for the first question

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/43/1eafaeeece2be8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

If you order a requirement (for example, with a quantity of 10) and then reduce the ordered quantity in the purchase order (for example, to 4), the system creates a requirement in the Sourcing worklist with a quantity still to be procured, the difference between the original and the new quantity (6 in this case).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

It is indeed possible to update external requirements in SRM by changing PR from R/3 as long as GR receipt is not posted.

PO change in SRM is possible if there is increase in quantity in PR. The additional quantity shows up in sourcing cockpit and you can change the Purchase order from there.

If there is a decrease in qty in PR then also it shows up in sourcing cockpit.However in this case you need to manually change the SRM PO.

Just the following link to get additional info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/b2/a298403de08368e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Sanjeev