cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use FTP Transport Protocol (XI) to send text file created from R3

0 Kudos

I've configured a Port in IDoc Processing (WE21) to create an output file from a Bank Partner Profile (WE20) where my Message Type is PAYEXT and IDoc Type PEXR2002.

I need to take this Text File and send it to the Bank;s FTP site using the Integration Server (XI).

How can I take this text file and simply send it to the Bank without going through File Content Conversion in order to convert it to XML as the Sender and then uncovert it during the Receiver to FTP the file to the Bank?

If that is not possible, would anyone know how to configure the RecordSet Structure and parameters for both the Sender and Receiver?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog is perfect for your requirement..

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

Sarvesh

0 Kudos

Excellent Suggestion. I've been searching for this answer for some time now, and this is my first experience using the Expert Forums.

Thanks for all your help, and I can only hope to assist others as you have helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

good to know that it helped you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me re-phrase your scenario:

ECC is required to send PAYEXT IDOC to XI which needs to be send to the bank in IDOC text file format to the bank. If this is the case we can achieve this by doing the following:

1.Rather than using TRFC port used by the IDOC as the method of communication, you can leverage using file port. The configurations to the file port are simple. You need to select a place where you can drop the IDOC file created by the ECC system and XI would pick up the file.

2. Poll for the file using NFS from that particular location where ECC drops the file. (If it is being staged on the ECC system, then XI service user SAPservice<SID> must have access permission on that folder like \usr\sap\put\interfaces.

3. Configure receiver FTP adapter to send the file to the bank.

Hope this helps.

Indranil

Award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

> You need to select a place where you can drop the IDOC file created by the ECC system and XI would pick up the file.

>

> 2. Poll for the file using NFS from that particular location where ECC drops the file. (If it is being staged on the ECC system, then XI service user SAPservice<SID> must have access permission on that folder like \usr\sap\put\interfaces.

>

> 3. Configure receiver FTP adapter to send the file to the bank.

Hi Indranil,

If m not wrong then still you need FCC at sender adapter while using NFS mode to pick the file because xi understands only xml, and source file is in text format.

Correct me if m wrong.

Regards,

Sarvesh

0 Kudos

I am able to successfully create the IDOC text format that needs to be sent to the Bank, which already resides on the XI server .

My problem is creating the Integration Repository and Directory scenarios to take that file and send it via FTP without converting the file to xml and then back to text.

You do understand my problem, and I appreciate your feedback.

0 Kudos

I am reviewing WIlliam Li's blog to determine if it will resolve my issue.

I will keep you posted regarding my results.

Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you donot need to do any transformations in XI, you need not create any integration repository objects. What we need is only directory objects to complete the scenario.

If have implemented the same thing in your current project.

Only thing is that the bank wants us to send the text file in IDOC format.

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got your point clearly..

Thanks for the reply.. appriciated...

Regards,

Sarvesh