SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSW performance problems - Nominations, SPW regeneration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently went live with TSW and have performance issues with pulling up / creating / changing Nominations, as well as with the regeneration of SPWs.

There are no obvious bottlenecks system-side (I'm Basis, not functional IS-Oil). I have found no OSS notes that would apply (IS Oil 472, patch 41).Are the any specific things to look out for on the configuration / customizing side ?

One complaint of the end users compared to the legacy system was that almost always the SPWs would not show updated number after nominations have been changed, so the users are constantly running regenerations. Is that a design issue, or can smething be done about this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am not sure if you got a solution by now..

Based on the information provided by you, I see 2 issues:

1. Performance issues

2. Nomination changes are not reflected in SPW.

Here the issue or performance problems are coming due to multiple regenrations of SPW engine.

In TSW, there is a customization for real time updates. If that customization is enabled, nomination changes will be updated in SPW real time.

IMG->Industry Solution Oil and Gas Down Stream -> TSW -> STock Projection -> Specify parameters for Stock Project

In this customization there is an option for enabling Stock Projection Real Time. If this parameter is enabled, Nomination changes will reflect in SPW realtime.

If real time is on, the above 2 issues can be resolved.

i.e. No need to run SPW multiple times

No performance issues during Nomination Changes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am not sure if you got a solution by now..

Based on the information provided by you, I see 2 issues:

1. Performance issues

2. Nomination changes are not reflected in SPW.

Here the issue or performance problems are coming due to multiple regenrations of SPW engine.

In TSW, there is a customization for real time updates. If that customization is enabled, nomination changes will be updated in SPW real time.

IMG->Industry Solution Oil and Gas Down Stream -> TSW -> STock Projection -> Specify parameters for Stock Project

In this customization there is an option for enabling Stock Projection Real Time. If this parameter is enabled, Nomination changes will reflect in SPW realtime.

If real time is on, the above 2 issues can be resolved.

i.e. No need to run SPW multiple times

No performance issues during Nomination Changes