cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create CVCs from Infoprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a new cube and have loaded it with sales history.

I tried to create CVCs by creating, load CVCs from the cube. Instead of creating

21359 CVCs it just created 700. The reason why 21359 because I cross checked

from the excel file of sales history.

Not sure why it is creating less CVCs.

Thank you

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just making a silly remark: I hope you checked the unique combinations in the excel sheet and not all the rows in the sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the excel sheet is perfect and correct. There are 21359 CVCs

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can pickup a combination in the cube and enter the values in the display CVCs in MC62. Check if the CVC is created. you can repeat this for few and find out most of the time the problem.

Other option:

Try loading data into the Planning area from the cube that you created CVCs from using TSCUBE.

make sure that you check the results log at the end of the page. If the results just say data copied with all green, then the number of CVCs generated from the cube are correct. If not it gives you a yellow warning message saying "XXXX combination in info cube not contained in the planning object structure".

The usual reasons why system fails to create CVCs:

1. There might be empty values in the objects. If you are creating a CVC with 4 characteristics, then all 4 should have values, if atleast one of them don't then the system fails to create a CVC.

2. There might be duplicate combinations. SO system just creates one

3. Check if your Product length is 40 in customizing

( SPRO>APO>master data>Product>Specify output format of the product Number.

The system doesnot create any CVCs if the product length exceeds the setting.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did your log say anything?

Are you using all the characteristics in the Excel sheet for the CVC creation? if you miss any char in the mapping you will not get the same numbers

Are you sure about 21359 UNIQUE CVCs? In other words if you concatenate all the values in the columns of the excell sheet you should get no duplicates

Are you using SCM 5.0?

Try loading the Excel sheet into the worklist and generate CVC instead

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Does your MPOS already contain CVCs? If your MPOS contains CVCs and you try creating from a cube, only the new ones which are not already in the MPOS will be created.

Regards,

Srinidhi