cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_TABLE_READ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering if any one has used this function to pull back more than one data column to xMII, have configured it to return one column without trouble but can't figure how to return more than one. Inserting a comma between the column names in the "FieldName" parameter results in an error.

Thanks,

Emmett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You meant RFC_READ_TABLE right?

I'll give you a a couple of hints:

1.If you look @ the "request" params for the RFC via the link editor you will find the "FIELDS" component under "TABLES" so the RFC is expecting an array of values for FIELDS here.

2. You will have to use "AppendXML" in the link editor.

Hope this helps.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know the result after upgrade to SP04.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

I never tried the ORDER BY in the RFC_READ_TABLE.

Please try the following for your StringListToXml:

Assign SAP_JCo_Interface_0.Request{/RFC_READ_TABLE/INPUT/DELIMITER} = ","

The rest please unchanged.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already set like this Pedro,

Going to try SP04 see if it makes any difference, stumped as to how parameters could be in one system install but not another.

Regards,

Emmett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

WERKS EQ '1000' on the table AFRU works fine. Please try with these table.

If not, please make the test in the SAP GUI with the se37.

StringListToXml have the Delimiter in my SAP MII 11.5.4 b73. What is your full

version?

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

xMII version 11.5.2 b64, can the catalog alone be upgraded ? StringListToXML is present alright just doesn't have the delimiter input ?

Thanks Pedro WERKS EQ 'xxxx' works okay now problem was FIELDS option wasn't holding the "Assign XML" attribute so wasn't working with option then. Can you insert an Order BY clause in here doesn't seem to accept it ?

Thanks,

Emmett

Edited by: Emmett O'Connor on May 2, 2008 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

you forgot to include the single quote before and after the WERKS number.

WERKS EQ '1000' will work in the OPTIONS.

I am suprise that you can not see the Input Delimiter on the String_List_To_Xml_Parser

actionblock. In the Incoming tab for the String_List_To_Xml_Parser you should see

5 elements and one of should be the Delimiter. If you can see it, please reinsert from the

catalog the String_List_To_Xml_Parser.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inserting "WERKS EQ 'xxxx'" into the options text doesn't seem to work as it is still retrieving other plants data ? Presuming where clause etc. is included by default

As for the StringListToXMLParser - these are the only three options i have, is this a potential issue with 11.5, any way to update the catalog ?

Thanks for the input,

Emmett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Options issue resolved, String list still an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

assign from the repeater the WA into the String_List_To_Xml_Parser.Input. Define the Delimiter into the String_List_To_Xml_Parser.

The result of the String_List_To_Xml_Parser will have in your example two Rows. Row 1 for the 1st column and Row 2 for the 2nd

column.

Example for yours:

On the String_List_To_Xml_Parser Actionblock you will have the following Links:

Assign String_List_To_Xml_Parser.Input = RepeaterKAPALIST.Output{/item/WA}

Assign String_List_To_Xml_Parser.Delimiter = ";"

On thr Row Actionblock you will have the following Links:

Assign Row_0.FIRSTCOLUMNNAME = String_List_To_Xml_Parser.Output{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row[1]/Item}

Assign Row_0.SECONDCOLUMNNAME = String_List_To_Xml_Parser.Output{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row[2]/Item}

Hope this will help you

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro,

See where you are coming from only problem is i can't see how to defien the delimiter as an option of the string list parser, doesn't seem to be a default attribute - is there a way to do it globaly ?

Also if i want to apply "option" to the overall call passing in a "WERKS EQ XXX" doesn't seem to have any affect how does SAP interogate these inputs ?

Again Thanks, great help

Emmett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the link editor to define the delimiter for the parser.

The option attribute is SQL format, so WERKS = XXX rather than EQ. It also falls over if you omit the spaces (WERKS=XXX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't seem to be an option under the link editor, all i see as variables of the string list to xml parser are "TrimWhiteSpace", StripQuotes" and "Input" ?

Thanks,

Emmett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Emmett,

you need to define per column a item in the FIELDS node. So your JCO Request structure have multiple

items in the FIELDS (per Column one item).

Example:

Build a Local XML like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<FIELDS>

<item>

<FIELDNAME>AUFNR</FIELDNAME>

<OFFSET/>

<LENGTH/>

<TYPE/>

<FIELDTEXT/>

</item>

<item>

<FIELDNAME>VORNR</FIELDNAME>

<OFFSET/>

<LENGTH/>

<TYPE/>

<FIELDTEXT/>

</item>

</FIELDS>

Links:

Assign XML SAP_JCo_Interface_0.Request{/RFC_READ_TABLE/TABLES/FIELDS} = Local.RFC_FIELDS{/FIELDS}

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response guys excellent so far, now have the two columns coming back. How do i seperate the returned values into two columns, have a repeater and row assignment populating my output document but only seems to be the option to assign one value as only one WA exists under the repeater output thus assigning everything returned to the one column ?

Thanks again,

Emmett