cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing copy control from order to order, but the weight & volume and freight group (VA01-shipping tab) is not getting copied. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

In VTAA you need to check the requirements at the item level for the item category

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not find a DataT requirement to transfer this data from item to item.

Do you know which requirement does this? Or maybe I have to create a new requirement which copies these field values. Any suggestions on approach? Infact I can also copy from del or invoice to sales order, as delivery and invoice is created before creating second sales order with reference. Any clues?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

Sorry for the mistake

can i knw from which order to which order you are copying ?

It is at header level where data transfer requirements will be there .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope, data transfer is also at item level but i think none of the item data tranfer requirement copy weights from order to order. Still trying to figure out....or may be have to create new requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one any clues??? I tried to search by field name in all requirements code, but didn't find any which has weights (order to order or del to order or billing to order).

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

I am not sure about the field names. But you need to create your own requirement. and in that requirement you need to add the fields of the weights and you need to look into route configuration also.As from the routes configuration only you can take the fields of the weights and freight and those feilds are to be put in your own requirement

use t.code - OVTC for route configuration where weight and fright feilds can be found in the route stages

Hope it helps for your inputs

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath, thanks for your reply. We are not dealing with route configuration becos we only load stuff in our warehouse as and when we get the truck load from customers, and again dispatch them at a later time to when and where they want it. So we create a sales order to delivery to warehouse and invoice payment is made, later we create another sales order with reference to the initial sales order and deliver them back to there truck when they want to collect it. In order to copy from sales order to sales order, I have to copy weights becos our pricing is based on weights.But I am a little surprised becos there shud be a copy control at item level to copy the information on shipping tab including weights in sales order, or I also have the option of copying from delivery to order (we only have order to delivery copy control in standard SAP)or from billing to order, but did not find any data T requirement to copy weights even there. So I guess I have to choose a standard data T requirement and modify to copy weights from delivery to sales order (since entering weights is mandatory in delivery).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.