cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Customer Phone in Inbox result list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We would like to add customer phone number in Inbox result list so that agent can call customer directly from Inbox. The customer column is available in UI configuration. I was doing enhancement using enhancement set method and created an enhcement in SM34 for view cluster BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT also in Component workbench I used this enahcement set for compoenent ICCMP_INBOX and enhance the view InboxItems.

Should I create a Contet Node for new field Phone, and use design layer to add that field in this view? When I was creating a new Context Node for context CL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CTXT it is adding the attribute not with other attributes such as CREATEDON, CUSTOMER etc.

Can someone send the steps to add a column in the Result list in a table in ICWC.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN01 that inherits from CL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN01

Redefine ZL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CTXT- CREATE_ITEMS to create the model based on the above class

Create ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN02 that inherits from CL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN02

Re-define ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN01- REFRESH to use the above Z Class

Create method ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN02-GET_<your field>

Create ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN03 that inherits from CL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN03 in order to show your field for the children as well.

Implement the method ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN03-GET_<your field> lile for the class ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN02

Redefine ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN02- IF_BSP_WD_TREE_NODE~GET_CHILDREN to use the above class

Add your field in ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN01-GET_TABLE_LINE_SAMPLE

METHOD get_table_line_sample .

TYPES: BEGIN OF line,

• INCLUDE TYPE crmst_inbox_resultlist.

u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026

<your field> TYPE string,

END OF line.

CREATE DATA rv_sample TYPE line.

ENDMETHOD.

This way the field will be available in the configuration tool

It worked for me, I hope I did not miss any step.

Regards

robert_segarra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also the next thing is how to make the field SORT?

robert_segarra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mihai Olaru should get complete points for the answer. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I reopen the topic. I have a problem about adding a new field (PERNR) in Inbox result view.

I did what Mihai Olaru wrote. My field is available in configuration tool, but I can't get the bol entity in the GET_<Attribute> method. So, I can't get the PERNR field from relationships..

How can I do ?

Thank you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert for reminding for that I also assigned you 2 points

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Like the above case,i came across the same.

My problem is ..when ever i go to sales cyle->lead once i press search button i get some list of values displayed....and they are abt some 7 fields displayed over there....

now I have to assign 2 more fields land Phone and Mobile.

I need help from you all.

Also if i go with the above methods,likes discussed with phone on inbox, the enhancement created will be a client dependent or client-independent one...??

Any changes further would reflect on later stage or not...

Thanks in advance..Awating the reply...

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

I understood that you're not asking about the Inbox but rather about another component. You have not indicated which CRM version you're working with. Hence, I can't give you a more discriptive answer but since you're not talking Inbox, your methods of adding extra fields to the field set wouldn't be any different from ones recommended for the UI framework pertinent to your CRM release.

The above discussion was concerned with the Inbox only as it's an exception of how you usually work with component enhancements in CRM UI releases 5.2 (2006s) and up. Most other components conform with the standard rules for the release (i.e. finding the fields in the BOL browser, perhaps, adding those fields to the corresponding CRMST_<whatever> structure, running a wizard to create and attribute, and adding the field through adjusting an HTML for the page or making a change in the UI Config Tool - depending on the release)

For the 2nd part of your question, as most of the development objects are client-independent, the same goes to the classes. However, it's not true for the enhancements as they're entries in various SPRO tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did lots of testing (enhancing and deleting the enhancement) on my company's system and I could not get the new field in the Config. Tool even if I had it in the method GET_TABLE_LINE_SAMPLE as I mentioned in the steps .

I gave up and on the client's system I decided to solve it using other way but someone told me that by adding the field to that method I should get it in the Config.

I reluctantly tried again and voila the field was there.

I suppose something got messed up due to so many retries or the companyu2019s system was not up to date.

I re-visited again the enhancement on the company's system and nothing seemed to be different from the clien't system.

I decided to start fresh again (new enhancement set, new. IMPL and CTXT) kept the old class ZCL_ICCMP_IN_INBOXITEMS_CN01 and u2026 the field was in Config.

Did some more testing; used the initial enhancement set, deleted the enhancement, re-enhanced InboxItems again and the field was in the Config.

I added a new field to GET_TABLE_LINE_SAMPLE and this new field was in Config. too .

Now I do not know what the reason was I could not get it in the first place (perhaps the latest SP has been aplied).

Mihai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mihai,

I figured out that you're working with CRM2007. I did try to use your methodology in CRM2006s and it apparently didn't work. Thanks for the effort, though. Unfortunately, not everything could be solved. Sometimes you just need a smart workaround.

For other guys out there with 2006s (CRM 5.2), I'd recommend simply inherit the classes and redefine the methods for unutilized fields to display your required data that's not in the field set. This way you don't need to worry about UI Config. The newly redefined methods work just fine displaying the values you need. [Don't forget to rename the titles on the columns] It works for us and the Z-classes are being hit in all the right places

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mihai,

Robert/ Eugene, did you guys aleady tried his recommendations.

Eugene, to your questions, he mentioned that this field should be available on Config tool. Do you see the field in config tool after doing his steps? I do not have system access right now and will perform these steps later.

I have rewarded points and will reward full points as well. Again, thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CRM2007,

Yes, I did try Mihai's approach. Furthermore, I did it before he posted his message. My biggest problem was that the new fields had never appeared in the UI Config; hence, I wasn't able to place them on the screen.

Mihai's response didn't resolve such a problem. That's why I can't award points at this time. The moment he'd give at least a hint how the fields could be brought to the UI Config, I'll give him points as well-deserved.

At this moment, I'm utilizing some unused fields to display custom information. I do BOL programming in the re-defined methods for those iunused fields to retrieve customer-related information. In the UI Config, I'm just re-naming the field titles

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's all fine but how to make new fields available for the UI Config Tool? Without it one wouldn't be able to bring the new fields to the screen.

As the inheriting classes would be missing in the structure of the WD Workbench, the same way, new fields would be inaccessible by the UI Config.

I have just tried you suggestion, and all the above is the what I see: a big break!

Would you please, recall how you had achieved bringing the fields to be available in the Configuration tab.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to figure out how to do it ?

I'm working on a similar requirement .

Thanks