cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA MANAGER on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

1. Im new to MDM and I have this requirement of integrating my Portal with MDM. I need to know if I can integrate and get the MDM "Data Manager" on the portal through some iView.

2. Where do I start if I have to do a SSO between MDM and Portal.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get basic MDM functionality through portal iViews by deploying the 'application' and 'technology' .sca files from service marketplace.

Once installed on EP, you'll need to create a new MDM system and create new iviews from the new templates installed.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello S.B,

It is not possible to launch the MDM Data manager directly into portal.

But SAP delivers standard iviews as Portal Business Package. This performs almost every activities that you can do in Data Manager client. Please read the guide to know the functionalities available in MDM Portal business package.

You can find the portal business package installation guide (for standard repositories) in the help.sap.com site under SAP NW MDM ->Portal Content->Business Package For MDM

Best regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

For integration of EP-MDM, you have to be deployed mentioned file as follows:

1. BPMDMAPPLI04_1.SCA ---APPLICATION FILE

2. BPMDMTECHN04_1.SCA-----TECH FILE

3. MDMJAVAAPI04_1.SCA----MDM JAVA API FILE

YOU WILL FIND THESE FILE WITH THE DOWNLOADS OF THE MDM SERVER WHICH YOU ARE USING CURRENTLY.

these scar file must be compitable with your MDM version which you are using right now.

you can also refer the link as mentioned below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/45/c8cd92dc7f4ebbe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

/people/markus.ganser/blog/2005/08/17/sap-netweaver-mdm-55-support-package-02-on-the-way

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/56763d46-0a01-0010-058e-a0e12427...

hope this will help you a lot.

Note: above mentioned name of the scar files might be diffrent as per you MDM version.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for loading me with the armoury. I think with all your help Ill manage to get across. Here are some more questions.

Tim : Are the 'application' and 'technology' .sca files the same as below

1. BPMDMAPPLI06_1

2. BPMDMTECHN06_1

3. MDMJAVAAPI06_1

or there are some other 'application' and 'technology' .scA files that I have to get ?

Jitesh : You said --> After restarting the server you can get the standard shipped content i.e. Various iViews and the MDM System for MDM in your portal.

Is this the same system that I will need to connect to the MDM server on the backend or As you mentioned below in point no 1 I will have to create a seperate system

For integration follow the steps below:

1. Create the MDM System for the required repository

2. Choose amongst the MDM iViews available for the desired functionality.

The question is that will I have 2 different systems created on the portal or will it be only 1?

Simona : Thanks for the info that I was actually looking for. One more thing that I want to ask is that, can I not have the DATA Manager on the portal in the same way I have Transaction iViews (for eg transaction smen) for different teansactions?

If not then what percentage of DATA Manager can be brought on to the portal with these iViews ?

Saurabh : Can you tell me the path of the DOWNLOADs of the MDM server where these files are?

When you say , these scar file must be compitable with your MDM version which you are using right now.

Which scar files are you talking about? and How to I get to know about the version?

Please excuse these questions as I am a portal consultant, starting to get onto MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to give points to every one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

When you download the business content for your MDM Server, you will find these scar files (technology, application and JAVA API file) in business content of MDM Server itself.

If you dont find these files then please ask your admin guy for these files.

Which scar files are you talking about?

I am talking about the scar files which you have mentioned as :

1. BPMDMAPPLI06_1

2. BPMDMTECHN06_1

3. MDMJAVAAPI06_1

You have to deploy only these files to integrate MDM with EP.

no need to find other files.

How to I get to know about the version?

No need to know about the version, when you dowload the business content of MDM Server, according to the MDM server version, files are there.

So deploy exactly these files using SDM.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Some more questions :

1. With this business content, what percent of DATA MANAGER can I get onto the portal ?

2. What is the full form of SCAR (scar files) ?

3. Is there a matrix or a (excel) sheet anywhere/sevice market place that can give me an Idea of what all iViews are provided with this business content and what all will I need to custom develop ? I mean what all standard functionality comes with this BP after installing it ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the below link for all the iView list and standard content available with the installables

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

SCA - Software Component Archives

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks, the question that i have is, Is it possible to get the DATA Manager on the porta? Like launching the DATA Manager in the form of WIN GUI or WEB GUI through the portal.

Also, where can I find "SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 SP05 Business Package for Predefined Repositories Guide" this pdf on SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no direct way or standard content to bring the entire data manager on portal. But you can use the combination of standard iViews and the custom developed iViews using Java APIs to bring the maximum functionality of data manager on portal but it needs huge customization.

Please refer to the below link for information related to the Business Package

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/64/48a04270600d31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We've deployed MDM business package. Now the question is where (which location) in PCD will I find the newly created MDM iViews ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the SCAs are deployed on the portal you will be able to see the MDM related content.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Create the MDM System for any of the repositories present on the MDM Server but the repository should be loaded then only it will be visible while creating MDM System.

2. Create the System Alias and do the User mapping

3. Create the required MDM iViews (appears in the list of iViews itself)

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

By delying the above mentioned files on EP you will be able to integrate MDM with EP.

You will get some predesigned standard functionlities of MDM which can be achieved throuh Ep by using the business packages developed by SAP for MDM through EP.

Like some mdm related iviews will preexist.

You will not be able to replicate the whole of MDM Data manger through Ep in the same design and from .However you will be able to do some of the activities from Ep which are possible through the mdm data manger client.

Like you will be able to create a record,delete a recordedit a record.enrich a record,run validation on the records,serching etc .etc.

but the look on EP side will not be similar to what it looks in MDM data manger and you can use the features also differntly.

Hope it helps

Kindly Reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a Portal Content and Java API folders available with the MDM Installables.To integrate MDM with portal you need to deploy the following SCAs on the portal:

1. BPMDMAPPLI06_1

2. BPMDMTECHN06_1

3. MDMJAVAAPI06_1

After deploying the SCAs restart the portal server once. After restarting the server you can get the standard shipped content i.e. Various iViews and the MDM System for MDM in your portal.

For integration follow the steps below:

1. Create the MDM System for the required repository

2. Choose amongst the MDM iViews available for the desired functionality.

For more detailed information please go through the link below:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja