cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute JAVA GUI for MAC from inside the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to execute the Java GUI 7.10 Ver 3 for Mac from inside an Iview running on Portal version 7.0. We have been following OSS note 1034932 and have not been able to get it to actually execute the local Mac Gui, we just get a black screen back. We are using Firefox on the Mac as Safari doesn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this. We have tried turning on the trace function within the Transaction_Configuration, but it doesn't seam to produce a trace file. We have tried both java version 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 on the local Mac.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you able to start JAVA GUI directly (not from iview) ?

Check the guiinstall.log ,are any errors?

Software for JAVA GUI on MAC :

JVM: J2SE 5.0 Release 4 or newer.

P.S. are it's works fine under windows PCs ? (About iview on portal and GUI on JAVA )

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on May 1, 2008 9:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are able to use the Java Gui directly from the mac without any problems.

We are recieving the following error from the Mac Console when we execute the Iview from with the portal.

5/1/08 1:17:35 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.mozilla.firefox[656] ### MRJPlugin: getPluginBundle() here. ###

5/1/08 1:17:35 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.mozilla.firefox[656] ### MRJPlugin: CFBundleGetBundleWithIdentifier() succeeded. ###

5/1/08 1:17:35 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.mozilla.firefox[656] ### MRJPlugin: CFURLGetFSRef() succeeded. ###

5/1/08 1:17:35 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.mozilla.firefox[656] _NSJVMLoadLibrary: NSAddLibrary failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/(null)/Libraries/libjvm.dylib

5/1/08 1:17:35 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.mozilla.firefox[656] JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library.

Were the (null) is located in the error log above we presently have version 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.5.0, 1.6.0. So it looks as if it isn't getting the version of java from the Transaction_configuration file that it should be pointed to.

Any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

What do you see when you enter this command in a terminal window?:

ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/

?

Are you can try to install any other versions of Firefox (or other browsers, i'm don't have MAC in russia,and can't check your error ), may be problem in it?

Aslo try to use JVM: J2SE 5.0 Release 4 or newer (it's SAP recomendation).

P.S. I'm search this error, and in one forum find like this, may be it's help you :

"That's why Firefox broke. Playing around with the settings in the Java

Preferences (/Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences) reset and

fixed the issue to".

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on May 2, 2008 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following version of Java available under that folder:

1.3.1 , 1.4.1 , 1.4.2 , 1.5.0 , 1.6.0

I'm running Mac OS 10.5.2 and the current version of Java for that is 1.6.0.

Under the "Java Perferences" it was pointing to J2SE 1.4.2 and I changed it to J2SE 5.0 and now it seams that we have made a little progress as I now get a message saying "There is no suitable version of the SAPWDP Client for Java installed" and I have the image of the SAP GUI for the Java Environment starting in the background but when I OK the error message the screen goes blank. I am not getting the error messages anymore in the Mac Console Messages.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again for helpping on this.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you creare like the note :

"MIME Type of Java Plug-in

Enter the MIME type according to the following convention: application/x-java-applet;version=<JRE Version>" You need the full version name like 1.5.0_0.4.

after you change the Java version

"Save your entries and restart the portal service" ? (NOT ONLY SAVE). (check the settings.pdf attachment to note 1034932).

Also in guiinstall.log are any errors? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We used that note as our blue print to get us to where we are now. We have tried putting in 1.5.0 and also 1.5.0_4 and 1.5.0_13 which is our current version on the Mac. We also tried restarting the portal after the change thinking that it might need a restart.

The installation on the Mac didn't seam to have any issues and it works fine if you call it up directly. Under the Help - about - more information there isn't any errors.

Let me know if you see anything.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you try do reinstall the firefox, or install other browser (for example other version of Firefox) ?

The best way in this situacion is open the Message on http:
service.sap.com and ask the SAP about your error.

Also you can try to ask same question now under -->

SAP NETWEAVER ADMINISTARTOR forum and

under any of Portal forums, may be someone knows this.

Regards...

Answers (0)