cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I assigned the pricing procedure to activate free goods determination. I created an Inquiry sales order but the system is not picking up free goods determination. I tried for quotation with same result. What could be wrong?

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system does not support free goods determination in inquiries and quotations.

Free goods determination is restricted to order types with document category C (transaction VOV8).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats a standard SAP functionality.check the below notes from sap on free goods.

Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

Free goods are not supported for deliveries without reference to a sales order.

Free goods cannot be used in make-to-order production, third-party order processing and scheduling agreements.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

According to SAP standard, Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category 'C'.

As you know, for Inquiry the document category is 'A'. So the free goods determination is not possible for an Inquiry.

Hope you are clear.

Prase

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manisha

Free goods doesnt support at inquiry and quotation levels.

Free goods cannot be used in Make to order (MTO) ,scheduling agreements and third party sales

Free goods will be supported from order level only

Regards

Srinath