cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Rejection in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when my customer sends me a PO cancel request, iam going to delete the Sales order in my SAP system.

what is the best way to do this, either to delete the SO or keep the Sales order with Reason for Rejection code?

If it is a Reason for rejection, what happens to the SO,

1)will it allow for further processing for e.g: Delivery creation.

2)will the Availability check carried out for this?, and is the stock going to be blocked for this?

what is the difference between Reason for rejection and the Delivery block, both at the Header and item level.

Pls reply,its urgent...

Regards

SR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

It is always advicable to reject the order by giving a reason for rejection rather than deleting the sales order.

Once you delete the sales order, the number will be skipped, the system will not create another sales order with the same number.

Once you reject the order by a reson for rejection, the system will not allow to process the order further, the requirement will be reversed. The order status also will become as closed, so no further processing allowed (like delivery, PGI ... etc).

If you put delivery block in the item level of the order, the order can't be delivered, but the overall tatus of the order will be being processed.

So it is advicable to reject the order by giving an appropriate reson for rejection.

Prase

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi syed

Deleting the sales order or putting the reason for rejection depends upon the requirement

what is the difference between Reason for rejection and the Delivery block, both at the Header and item level.

If it is the reason for rejection the sales order will be closed and if you are putting reason for rejection for a line item that line item wont be carrying the availability check

so if you put the reason for rejection at header level the sales order will be closed so , so it wont allow for the further processing i.e for the delivery creation

if you put delivery block . you can process sales order but at delivery level it will be blocked

Regards

Srinath