cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Logical System Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ECC 6.0 PROD and ECC 6.0 QAS System.

WE have different logical system names for both the systems

But when we refreshed the PROD to QAS , we have to run the BDLS transcation to change the logical System name(since we are having different logical System name)

But BDLs is taking more than 40 hours.

Please let me know , whether logical system name can be the same throughtout the landscape or not

In other words , is there any side effects if i have same logical system name for QAS and PROD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A logical system is a unique client identifier in within a system. Its important to have properly establish logical systems as they are the base of communication in between systems and ALE.

You can define and assign a new logical system after the system copy via transaction SALE -> Basic settings ->Logical systems -> You'll see options Define and Assign logical systems there.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that, After a system copy , create a new logical system and assign the logical system to the client

If i do so , will get all the data in production to QAS correctly

Please guide

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to do it directly after your refresh... just change the logical system to the one that QA used to have before the refresh.

It might help you.

Regards

Juan

PS. Also as far as i know you're suppose to run BDLS at a quiet time and it's mean to take quite a bit of time depending on the size of your DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm whether i will get all data correctly without doing a DBLS

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't confirm that... you might aswell try it!

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been researching the same issue. I found the following

"Is it necessary to change the logical system names?

Because of the two reasons mentioned above (long runtime of transaction BDLS and possible inconsistencies), it may be desirable, to avoid the renaming of logical systems during system copy.

Whether logical systems names need to be changed at all after a system copy depends on the type of the target system: "

This is from SAP System Landscape Copy for SAP Net Weaver and my SAP Solutions

Best Practice for Solution Management

I found it searching for sap bdls alternative

Hope this helps. I'm continuing my search.