cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JNDI registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to see the list of jndi namespace registered in the jndi registry from visual administration or anywhere? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the JNDI Registry in Visual Admin.

Server -> Services -> JNDI Registry.

Example:

Scroll down to jdbc [Context]

There you can find SAP<SID>DB, the default reference to your database.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, since mine is an adapter, I pressume I will be looking at deployedAdapters[context] right? When I expand and found my adapter say "myAdapter[context]", I see nonGlobalTx[Context], shareable[Context] and unshareable [Context]. Each of these has a child myAdapter with [ClassName]:javax.naming.Reference and [Object Value]:Reference ClassName: mypackage.com Type:res-type Content:javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory Type:res-auth Content:Application Type:res-name Content:myAdapter Type:sharing-scope ... When I tried to get a connection I get NamingException: Object not found in lookup of JCA_Adapter, which was specified within my web.xml. What else do I need to do? I have ra.xml deployed with myAdapter.rar. Thanks in advance.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/fde23d7a7d46e9a8f589e561ef52bf/frameset.htm and both "Using the ... Connector" links - especialls "Using the SAP System Connector", "Connecting to an SAP System on WebAS 6.40 without the Connector Service":

<i>The JNDI lookup name for the connector needs to be changed to the following format:

deployedAdapters/<connector_name>/shareable/<connector_name></i>

The code fragment below ist wrong, it must read:

initctx.lookup("deployedAdapters/SAPFactory/shareable/SAPFactory");

- as it is written correctly for the generic case above.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!