cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules for Support Patches and Canadian HCM

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We have recently upgraded to ECC 6.0 , 64bit Unicode SQL Server 2005.

Next project underway is to migrate Peoplesoft into SAP (HCM).

My question to all Canadians out there is what strategy is anyone using in order to ensure that ALL HCM (Payroll) Patches are applied according to Tax Requirements etc..

Also , we are just now patching to most recent and whatever is available on the SAP Marketplace, but I know that SAP is posting the next set of patches June 9.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the SP schedules at

http://service.sap.com/swdc-addinfo

Use the first document (although its name is "R/3" it includes also ERP)

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus.

The other questions. The next patchset is scheduled to be released for June 9th, then there will be subsequent patch releases (as I confirmed with SAP this morning)

My question is ; how often is it standard for Canadian specifically HCM (all SAP) be required to be applied. My research indicates twice a year. This is why I wanted to confirm with others who are running Canadian Payroll in SAP and what their strategy is

Maria

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we apply them twice a year,

we apply supprot packs in may and apply special transports in june.

we apply supprot apcks in november and apply special transports end on december.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

closeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with Eric that your HR people should be asking for these, they're quite different than the other patches and it shouldn't be your responsibility.

They definitely should be doing the legal change patches for compliance with Revenue Canada, which come out twice a year (mid-year and year-end) in a draft and then a final transport. If you use the draft transport to get a jump on testing be prepared to apply lots of notes as they refine it for the final transport.

If you haven't heard from your HR people by June 1st or December 1st you might want to give them a gentle reminder.

Regards,

Michael

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Also great points to take note of. This is definitely a new area for our people, and unfortunately the HR Team will be looking to the BASIS Admin staff to keep track off and lead the patching schedules

Maria

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you must install the latest HR an EA-HR support packs.

there are also some additional transports that might be needed... but this part is not your responsibility. your HR functionals must tell you what they need. it's not your call.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We are just preparing to configure HCM, so there are Transports related to their IMG configs, but not directly related to the support packages.