cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC update in QM - LIMS interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working with QM - LIMS interface. I am getting a problem for characteristic update in SAP specifically for 04 lots. The detailed descriptuion is as follows:

Plant: 1000; Tasklist Group: 1 Tasklist Usage: Universal ;

so that my tasklist and MIC for a material are same despite of lot origin.

Now say for a material A (all lot type) results and UD with above combination is getting updated through interface, but for a material B with above combination data is updated for 01, 03, 09, 07 etc lot origin but

for lot origin 04 I am getting a pop up in QM saying valuate the non valuated characteristics manually, which prevents data uploading from interface.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vrish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that your looking in the wrong place for this issue.

If your using the same inspection plan for multiple materials and it works with them, and it works for the same material across inspection types then I think there might be an issue on the LIMS side, not SAP, as most LIMS interfaces provide the valuation to SAP.

The only other thing is to double check the inspection type settings in the problem material against a material that is working. Some settings in the inspection type can preclude automatic valuation I believe. But if these are identical settings, then I think you need to look close at LIMS.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

For your suggestion, but my problem has been resolved.

It had an issue with spro settings for batch class. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Vrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you give more details about what setting you made

it will be useful for forum

thanks

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. can you share the solution? i'd be curious how a batch class setting influences an MIC in the inspection lot?

Was it the additional values setting?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'd definitely share the solution.

My characteristics were not getting valuated since the results recorded against them were not getting transferred to batch class in MSC2N / 3N; the reason being transfer results to batch characteristics in spro settings was not done for quality server. Once it was done my problem was solved!!

Regards

Vrish

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So your problem was really that a result wasn't being transferred to the batch record?

I thought it was that an MIC in the inspection lot wasn't going from a status of 2, to 3, to 5.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

MIC status was not a problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Greetings for the day....

We Got an integration project, which includes SAP PP & QM with LIMS...As i am new to the integration with LIMS, I need your help to come across this issue..Please let me know the process flow and how to configure this?

Thanks in advance...

Sudhakar