cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the upgrade from 4.6c to ECC, our CUA is not working. What are things I need to do . I have seen the note 333441 and followed the same but still the CUA is not working.

Please help me friends.

Thanks,

anuroop

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sm59, bring up the connection, utilities>test>auth test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have done the authorisation test, only one client is successull. other clients give the following error message

Logon Cancel

Error Details Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts

I have tried to change the password and unlock, but even then same message.

please help

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC passwords are case sensitive and min 8 chars.

Note 862989 - New password rules as of SAP NetWeaver 2004s (NW ABAP 7.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like your trused RFC's are not correct. They are trying to logon to the remote system and failing and eventually getting locked out. you need to go through and test and fix your trused sm59 connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me the step by step procedure to do the same.

please help,

thanks

anuroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me to know what i have to do now. IS the CUA user is a system or communication user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

it's communication user

also check Note 492589 - CUA: Minimum authorizations for communication users

also check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/fa/0ec43b5d091b3de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me what to i need to do now for the CUA to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the system user and rfc destination as per following document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/23/cbce3b1bc7fa20e10000000a114084/content.htm

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends, i am not able to login to the child systems, i have tried a lot but no succes, please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have not replied with anything you have tried. Have you reset these accounts in the remote systems? What part of the login is failing? Have you tried switching these to dialog users and trying to login directly to the systems?

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to login in Child systems with my user id which is created in CUA,they are dialog users.

Again i have tried to create a test user in CEntral user and tried to login in the child system but i am not able to login.

I don't know what to do.

pl help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried resetting the passwords for the accounts used for the RFC connections in the CHILD system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i am not able to login to child systems no matter how many times i have tried to reset the password or created the new user in the CUA

I have changed the password for the Central user (CUADMIN)which is used as communication user and i have set the same password in SM59 rfc connections for the other users.

I am not able to login to child systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> First of all i am not able to login to child systems no matter how many times i have tried to reset the password or created the new user in the CUA

Which account are you trying to login into the child system with? Yours? The CUADMIN account?

Again, resetting the password in the CUA system makes no sense. You have to reset it in the child system.

> I have changed the password for the Central user (CUADMIN)which is used as communication user and i have set the same password in SM59 rfc connections for the other users.

>

> I am not able to login to child systems.

Again, you don't mention where you are resetting the password. Did you reset the password for CUADMIN in the child system? Have you tried logging into the child system using another account like DDIC or SAP*?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam trying to login with my account and the CUA admin account in the child system , but not able to login into the same.

I have reset the password for the CUAADMIN in the central system as i am not able to login to Child system.I have tried to login with my account and the ddic user in the child systems but not able to login into the same.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option would be to reset the SAP* account on the child system and reset the passwords using that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as u know in trans SCUM, we set the as global in the central system for this logon data, so if i reset the SAP* password( i thinku are saying at SQL level) then we need to bounce the system, but will that really help me to login to the child system .Sorry i don't really understand what i need to do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using trused RFC's. Do an authorization check in sm59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how should i do authoriszation check in sm59 please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide a bit more info? Have you tried testing the RFC connections from the CUA system to the clients?

Thanks,

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem with the CUA is when we login into the central Client and try to create other users for the other clients or change passwords etc it doesn't do that.

I have checked the transactions as u said, there is nothing i could find but in SCUA i could see the RFC status as red in colour.

In SM59 , i checked the connection test of the systems are working fine.

Please help

anuroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run an authorization test in SM59? That would be the critical part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How should i run the authorisation test , i have runconnection test to all the clients not authorisation test .