cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction / Screen variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP folks,

How to make Company Code entry mandatory at XD01 inital screen only for Sold to party & Payer creations where Sold to party and Payer belong to different Account groups.

Please advise.

Regards,

Vish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vish

You can try with this

1) run the transaction code - SHD0 ( Transaction and Screen variants)

2) Enter the required transaction code XD01 in the transaction code field and in the transaction variants tab enter the same t-code and press change.

3) The system will open a screen where you can select the attributes of each field on the screen.

4) Go to company code (BUKRS) and select the radio button mandatory and save it.

5) Close the existing window and try to create a customer.........you can now see the company code field mandatory.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I could do what you have advised. Thanks.

Further to this the requirement is Compnay Code entry should be mandatory during Sold to party and Payer creations only where SP & PY belong to different account groups.

Regards,

Vish

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you can achieve this by Screen Variant or Transaction variant.

But, you can achieve it by Field Exit. Basically, any technical guy will help you to get the solution by using field exit. But SAP doesn't recommond to use Field Exit after 4.7

regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

In real business environment, user sets a entry in his personal profile to assign entries in commonly used fields by using Parameters.

One of the commonly used field is company code and Parameters are used to set this field.

Parameters are used to assign entries to commonly used fields and these are only available for input fields that have been allocated a parameter ID.

I don't think you could use Transaction / Screen variants to make it mandatory field.

Wait & see if someone has better idea.