cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service -Service Order to Sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPians,

In customer service the creation of quotation is controlled by DIP profile. Once the Service order is confirmed thru DP 80 we create QT and then the copy controls work for creation of Sales Order.

I have a situation , the service order is passed on to the third party and the the third party does the service and confirms . The service order is not having a QT creation as the third party inputs the costs incurred in terms of actual hours spent.

The problem is the Sales order is not picking the right costs incurred by the third party, and hence wrong costs in sales order and Invoice.

Can any body throw some more light as to how the Sales order picks up costs from the Service order?

Thanks in advance.

Sreenivas B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally in ODP1 (dip config), we can set it as billing from actual costs and an activity type will be assigned there. For all these activity types there will be service materials associated with it (SRV0001 - Standard Labour... etc) and which will have price.

Once you confirm the service order (IW41), issue the materials to the order MB1A, the actula costs get captured in the service order.

When you run DP90, the system creates a debit memo request (according to the documne type maintained in ODP1), with all the actual cost, then you can create a debit memo subsequently.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Your answer is very help ful.

I have situation where some Service orders which were dated old were having a problem of not picking right actual costs. Where as no problem with new Serv. orders.

What shall I check for ensuring even old service orders always pick up

right actual costs?

These service orders are picked up for sales order creation thru a Z-program.

Thanking you in advance.

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

These could be because of various reasons. The activity price would have been changed or the cost of service products or spares would have been changed... etc..

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please update me on the setting to be checked in resource related billing?

I have picked up the same orders where costs are not picked up in DP90 in preproduction and tried. The costs for the same orders were right in preproduction.

Could you please give me information on the complete process and configuration steps in Resource related billing and DP90.

Your reply is required at the earliest.Please send me your mobile no.

Thanks in advance

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Defining reasons for rejection

Reasons for rejection are used during resource-related billing to:

• Mark items in the billing request as not relevant for billing

• Reset items in the billing request to be dealt with in subsequent billing requests

• Cancel items in a billing request if you want to mark the billing request as canceled.

You can enter a description in the online Implementation Guide for individual reasons for rejection. For each reason for rejection the system also specifies how an item marked with that particular reason for rejection is treated when subsequent new billing requests are created.

For example, the following reasons for rejection could be specified:

Is the reasons for rejection will be marked in Service order or Sales order?

My client complains of not all the costs flowing down into Billing request/sales order?

Thanks in advance.

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello prasanth,

we are following the same procedure what you have suggested,but when its raising the debit memo request it is comming in to change mode (grey mode )where i cant change able to change price,here my question is if any price has wrongly calculated what is the solution for this and how it has to be done please suggest.