Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for Publishing a Query in a Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have S_USER_AGR (activity as: 01, 02, 03 06, 78) and S_RS_TOOLS as webpublish and Themes...but my users are not able to Publish a Query to a Role from Query Designer in a Edit mode, but they were able to add the Query to a Role using "Enter in Role" button from BEx pop up screen...what Authorizations I am missing in my role?

And also in QA and Production how can the Power Users can publish a Query or a Wrk book to a Role without editing a Query or Work book?

Can some one share their thoughts..

Thanks,

KK

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I ran into this as well. I don't have access to the system where I corrected it, but it is another BW object that is missing. If you run a ST01 trace while trying this on a user id that does have access - ie. sap_all - you should be able to find what is missing.

Only issue with publishing is that you can't move around queries or delete them - you have to go into PFCG to do that. Also the role that you want to publish to must be assigned to the user id that is doing the publishing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try S_USER_AGR with activity *. To save a workbook to a role, you need s_user_agr & s_user_tcd with rrmx in the transaction code field.

0 Kudos

What is the difference between publishing a query to a role from query designer and saving it in a role from Bex.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am still not able to resolve this issue, Can some one share their knowledge please...

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am still not able to resolve this issue, Can some one share their knowledge please...

Regards,

KK

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also facing same issue in Query designer. Unable to publish the roles in query designer. It is showing no roles assigned to you error mesg. I have added this object and given the * values. Then the problem is solved.

Please user s_user_agr object with activity * and values *. They will get access to publish to roles, portals and broadcasting in query designer.

Regards

anil.

0 Kudos

Step I :

Please do aSU53 and paste the print screen here.

Step II : Shall mention later > if step cannot solve ur pblm