Why we have to define split ??

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Split is basically - splitting the qty equally to no of m/c's which will work parallel,

hence if you have 100 pcs to process, if you have one m/c let us say it takes 100 min.

if you have 2 m/c let us say it takes 50 min.

if you have 4 m/c let us say it takes 25 min.

It is different from no of capacities in a WC. No of capacities just tell us how much capacity the w/c has, but does not tell me how it should be used unless i specify that splitting is required.

don’t get confused with parallel; sequencing where we define different WC altogether for identify the sequence. In splitting we are not identifying individual m/c but taking only the splitting function to achieve our goal if reducing the total processing time.

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below link for work center formula related information..

http://www.sap-img.com/production/set-parameter-and-work-center-formula.htm

For e.g : you require 100 min to manufacture 100 PCs with 1 machne capacity. If your Capcitie doubles you require 50 min to finish the job.

If you have 4 capacities then you require 25min to complete the manufacturing.

This is what is the no. of splits in the formula and you maintain this in Operation details.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Processing time = (Operation quanity * machine

time)/base quantity / spilt

This split is ur operation split maintained in ur operation deatils in routing because u might have chosen many no. of capacities in one work center.So, to reduce the scheduling time it has to be maintained in formula as u r processing operation in many work centers.

Reward if useful

Amit