Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Firefighter version 5.2 - java-side reporting connector issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

re: GRC Firefighter version 5.2 - java-side reporting connector issues

Has anyone had any issues with the connector? I have followed the guide perfectly, but I still do not get any report results and cannot even look up Firefighter IDs within the report selection screen.

I get reports fine on the ABAP-side.

We are on version 5.2 SP4 Build 01191207

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Is this an upgrade from say SP3 for FF 5.2 or is it a new install?

I ask only because we have recently upgraded FF 5.2 to SP4 and the JAVA reports from the NetWeaver side were not functioning the same as with SP3.

We have since backed this out to FF 5.2 SP3 and opened up an issue with SAP (still waiting for a response if they see this as a problem); I had mentioned this backout in a previous thread

Others have commented on the background job running to capture the FF log activity and yes that is something you need be certain is running.

Also, the connector configuration requires a user id; make sure this id has the proper autorizations in communicating with the back-end system as well as producing the reports

I use a "generic" id called FFOWNER for the connections and assigned this id the Z_VFAT_OWNER role in the backe-end R/3 system. This id has access for the FF Reports, allowed to "submit" for the object S_PROGRAM for programs beginning with ZVFAT; and also is allowed access for all () RFC names; the ZVFAT_0001 object allows for all activity (*)

Not sure if this applies to your issue but may be something to review

Any questions on this let me know

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson,Inc.

630-758-2021

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar issue,can you please help me here.

we have upgraded support packs to virsa hr 11 and virsa non hr as 13.

existing connectors stopped working,tried to see if that works with a new connector,still not working,

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiru,

Check if you have activated SAP Adapter for this backend system in CC as well. If the adapter does not gets activated, then check the RFC connection that you have maintained in the backend and test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapter always shows green,but threre is an issue with the RFC for CC saying the rfc failed because the program used is not registered.

Can anyone show some light on this and help me out of this issue.

Thanks,

Tiru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Thanks everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

We are also facing similar issue...wherin we are not able to see the reports (e.g.Reason/Activity report) in the FF front end, although the report can be seen at the R/3 backend...

I would be thankful if you could suggest in this regard as to what resolved your issue.

Thanks & Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Another thought I experienced when we upgraded from FF SP3 to SP4;

Our BASIS group gave us a new URL to access; again, if you are upgrading from a previous SP level, you may want to check this out also

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson,Inc

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the FF background jobs running as expected?

Do you have 2 sets of background jobs, one running once per hour with a review timeof 1 hour and the second set running once every 2 hours with a review time of 4 hours.

Have you checked that the STAT table collector job is running and is not out of sync with the FF background jobs.

I would start with these items first, tomake sure that the dat is being collected correctly.