cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price on serial items

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a UDF for the Serial Item table OSRI, called U_Price. During receipt of a serialized item, we want to enter the price of the item so it will be retained with the serial number. I would like the price to be populated automatically during Goods Receipt PO entry. I created this formatted search query, but when I try to use it in the UDF, I receive an error message.

SELECT T0.[Price] FROM PDN1 T0 WHERE T0.[DocEntry] = $[$BaseEntry] AND T0.[LineNum] = $[$BaseLinNum]

(There really are brackets around the field names)

The error message is: Invalid Parameter 'query Categories'

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by: Marcia Weissman on Apr 30, 2008 6:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcia,

The UDF you have is on the Serial table and will show in the Serial Number screen whereas your query is referencing values from the Goods Receipt screen and thats why you are getting this error.

It would be hard to get the value from the GRPO screen to the Serial number window.

You need to temporarily write this price from the GRPO screen to a table and then fetch this value from the table.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I thought that since we are accessing the serial-number entry screen from within the GRPO, that the system could see the realtionship between the tables. We'll have to find another way. Thanks for the answer.

Answers (0)