cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is there a possibilty to control the item categories to be selected in the sales order , by using the usage indicator.

For text items, service items..etc this is possible. In the item cateogy assignments we maintain it like Sal doc type/Item catgory group/usage/ Higherleve Item cateogry - default item category and manual item categories. Where does the system check for this usage and then pick the item categories accordingly during sales order processing? I checked in material master and there is no field for usage. Can any one tell how the control works and where else we need to maintain the usage so that the system picks a different set of item categories in the sales order screen for a particular context.

Two different sales area - use the same document type, but the item categories should be different during sales order processing. Can i achieve this by Usage functionality?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sai

In Cust. material info record CMIR we can find the item usage , by using this feild item usage in CMIR, we can know the behavior of the item category for that customer and that material

Regards

Srinath

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

like Sai, i am also wondering how the system checks the item usage indicator, other than for customer-material info.

i assume that the system can check for usage FREE when a free goods condition record is created. but how about the other usages where no condition records are created?

regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The usage filed can be found in Customer Material Info record (VD51), control tab.

Prase

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System checks against the usage type in the customer-material info records. Table KNMT.

You can maintain the usage type in tcode VD51 for the customer and Material.

Item usage is in the "Control Data".

Regards,

Naimesh Patel