cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement 415 Q - transfer posting project to project

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of movement 415 Q- transfer posting project to project, I want to change the accounting entries.

As per the business need, it is decided that for some cases where excess stock is available in one project that can be transfered to other project without cost. Hence in some cases I need to cancel the accounting posting done by movement 415 (Q) so that only quanity is transfered to other project.

Is this feasible with the help of development ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you procure materials against Project 'A', cost will be booked against the same project. If project is completed & still u've excess materials which u want to issue to some other project 'B', U can use std SAP movement type 415Q. By using this, cost which was already booked against project 'A' will be transferred to project 'B' to the extent of materials cost issued to project 'B'. Accounting documents represents the same.

But your requirement is : excess stock of project 'A' should be transferred to project 'B' with out value flow. That means.... Cost will be still lying with project 'A' for the excess materials issued to project 'B' though those materials are not consumed against project 'A'. And also the cost booked against project 'B' will be lesser than the actual spent. (bcoz these materials cost will not get added to project 'B' cost)

Finally total cost of both project 'A' & 'B' will have wrong figures, which is not a correct practice.

Thanks

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like you need to use 2 kinds of projects, one with valuated stock and another with no valuated stock.

If this is right, you need to create 2 different project profiles.

Best Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Just to clarify here, both the projects are valuated type. I need to use material for one project (A) and the material cost will be charged to another (B) since the excess material is lying with project (B) and that material is offered to project (A) free of cost.

Hence when I do mvt 415 (project to project transfer), I want the cost to reset again so that no cost is posted to project (B).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is ur regular scenarion, then it advisable to create ur own movement type from 415Q and modify accordingly.

But if it one time...then use KB11N to repost the cost of material to from Project A to B after material transfer.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat...I talked to so many people, but very few agreed on this requirement and suggested something.

Can you also tell me how I can cofigure the new movement type for this one, since this movement is to be used regularly.