cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any difference between the MAM30 files @service market place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can able to see MAM30 files at two places in service.sap.com. I would like to know is there any difference between this two.

Any information would be highly appreciated.

1.http://service.sap.com/swdc

SAP Support Packages

Entry by Application Group

SAP xApps

SAP xApps for Mobile Business

SAP MAM

SAP XMAM 3.0 (ON NW04S)

XMAM 3.0

OS independent

i. MAMLAPTOP3005_0-20001490.ZIP SAP MOBILE ASSET MANAGEMENT 3.0 SP05 (Laptop) 0 Info 34253 24.01.2008

and another one is at

2.http://service.sap.com/swdc ->

Download ->

Installation and upgrades ->

Entry by Application Group ->

SAP xApps ->

SAP xApps for Mobile Business ->

SAP xMAM -> SAP xMAM 3.0 -> SAP XMAM 3.0 (ON NW04S)->Installation.

i. ZIP 51033399 SAP XMAM 3.0 NW2004s/NW04 SP05 Laptop Info 28555 20.02.2008

ii. ZIP 51033400 SAP XMAM 3.0 NW2004s/NW04 SP05 PDA Info 18546 20.02.2008

Regards,

Ameer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the last one is the complete installation file while the other one contains just the updates for this patch level. If you are new I would download the last one. Just for the delta the first one should be fine.

I think the difference between Laptoip and PDA version (UI) is clear.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

I do think but thought confirming using this forumn before implementing MAM3.0

I have a question to you. If I want to implement Laptop version of MAM3.0, is it required to install Laptop

version Mobile Client(JSP). Is it so?

Please getback.

Regards,

Ameer.

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Mobile Client version does not depend on application version (Laptop versus PDA).

MI client version depends on a device you plan to use. If you plan to runmobile app on a Win32 type device (desktop, laptop, tablet) you need an appropriate MI clien as opposed to Windows Mobile OS device (like PDA).

As for MAM version: in MAM 3.0 there are two versions, laptop and PDA. They reuse common processes but UI is very diferent and not only in a sense that laptop has more information per screen. They use different UI libraries, look and feel is very different and enhacements are done differently.

MAM 3.0 PDA version will run on any OS device (laptop AND PDA).

MAM 3.0 Laptop version will only run on Win32 based device (laptop).

So if your customer wants to use same app on both laptop and PDA - you should consider using PDA version only.

Best regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Larissa said, it is required to install the Laptop JSP Version of MI to use the Laptop Version of MAM. Laptop Version of MAM will not run on PDA - if that is fine with you, then I would recommend the Laptop Version of MAM.

It is not possible to install MI runtime for PDA on PC not is it possible to install MAM on AWT runtime.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)