cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implications in activating EA-FIN in ECC 6.0 productive system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are interested in activating the extension set “EA-FIN” to leverage the new depreciation functionality. Later on we will implement the close cockpit. We have looked at sap help files on the extension. We reviewed the release notes. We have read the oss notes on the new depreciation functionality. Does anyone out there understand the implications of activating EA-FIN in a productive system??? What functionality is made available?? We wish to avoid the unintended consequences scenario. Any input or documents on EA-FIN are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Bill,

The EA component has various effects, some of them have been labeled as side-effects by the users (probably because they are recommended to be irreversible)!

Some of the incremental functionalities included in EA-FIN are (with relevant note nos.):

- Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX) (# 829676)

- Enhanced Bank Statement Processing (FEBAN) instead of the standard Bank statement processing (FEBA)

- Revaluation of Consumption (# 631395)

- Some corrections for RE-FX component (# 626056)

- Asset Financing & Leasing Solution (# 786590)

- Intercompany Reconciliation - t.code FB2E in SAP menu (# 823533)

- Accrual Engine (# 809831 & # 633924)

- New Depreciation Calculation (# 988238, # 1113840, # 1078619)

There are, of course, lots more. Some functionalities are as simple as making the menu paths available in SAP Easy Access menu (they are anyway available if you know the relevant T.Codes, but not accessible through the Easy Access Menu, till you activate the Extension Set).

I personally haven't come across any experience where activating the extension set would have had dramatic problems - except some minor hiccups, where the "old ways of working" don't work as expected, anymore! In fact, more often than not, the extension is activated after primary system is Productive !

If you've done your homework on SDN / OSS, I believe you should be good to take the plunge.

Like always, there are OSS Notes you'd need to apply immediately after you activate the extension (e.g., 1067468, for the new depreciation).

Hope this satisfies your appetite for information. I hope you'd have gone through # 1121965 (Documentation Enterprise Extension EA_FIN).

Remember to assign points if found useful.

Regards

Gulshan

florian_christa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are discussing to activate EA-FIN Extension. In the meantime, has anybody new Information abount known side effects on "old" FI modules when activating EA-FIN?

Regards

Florian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is included in EA-FIN? That's hard to answer because I get conflicting information from the release notes and the one link in the SAP Help documentation that even mentions it. I do know that there are other changes in TR, RE, and of course, FI-AA but I'm sure that this is not the complete list of affected items.

I'm pretty sure that it can be activated at any time but have heard conflicting information on whether or not it can be de-activated. I'm trying to track down information on both at the moment.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tai,

Thanks for the response. I was thinking beyond fixed assets and depreciation. Impact on other FI sub-modules like AR, AP, G/L. Nathan does not cover this in his blog or wiki. He references a one page SAP document. So..anybody out there understand the total impact of activating EA-FIN?

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

A small point from the technical aspect. You talk of activating the EA-FS or EA-FIN on a 'Productive system', right?

There is a technical contraint here, involving BC Sets. You can find more details in the note 855959, which explains what the hitch is, and also how to work around it -> Activate in non-productive system, transport to productive.

The note can be quite helpful in technical aspects! Worth a read.

Cheers,

Rekha

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rekha,

That's a good point. Activating the extension (among other things) activates the 3 BC Sets used to add the entries to the IMG and user menu... which is not possible in a 'productive' system.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

pls refer to the Blogs on Fixed Asset Issues by Nathan Genez.

he has outlined the implication and the differences

Blogs on Fixed Asset Issues Nathan Genez 140 0 Apr 28, 2008 8:11 AM

Last Post By: Nathan Genez »