cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application gateway and proxy for XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading SAP XI security guide to set up exchange of XML docs between partners. In this doc http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

they have mentioned about application gateway and proxy in DMZ to exchange between business partners. Has anyone done this before? If so, what is this an application gateway? a separate server or a component of Netweaver?

How do I setup Application gateway and proxy?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandu,

An application gateway is also called a reverse proxy. Such reverse proxy is located in your DMZ. The reverse proxy accepts the HTTP(S) connection on certain URLs. The reverse proxy forwards initiates a new HTTP connection to your back-end system(s), e.g. SAP XI and forwards the request.

The reverse proxy:

1) shields your back-end system from the Internet

2) double checks the HTTP protocol

3) in case of HTTPS, terminates the SSL connection and optionally verifies the client certificate.

The Web Dispatcher from SAP can be used as a reverse proxy (search on Web Dispatcher in the SAP docs). FYI: we have a setup with a reverse proxy from another vendor in place.

Kind regards, Guy Crets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great., web dispatcher seems to be solution. I read about it., what are pre-requisite for this., does this have to sit on top a webserver or SAP kernel.

I couldn't find answer to get started with the web dispatcher installation.

thanks

Dhandu