Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Report Painter Request - Cost Center and WBS Element

Hi Everyone,

Currently, my company settles all project related expenses through to a cost center by way of an internal settlement cost element (category 21). The issue with this is that when the expense gets to the cost center, they lose all visability as to where the expense originated, such as salaries or travel expense (category 1 cost elements). We can't switch the settlements to the originating cost element from wbs to cost center just because of the additional data/volume that will cause. My thought was to create a report painter that can run by cost center but also show the wbs's that settle to that cost center and group the expenses by primary cost element (cat 1). I'm assuming that there is a way to marry a cost center and wbs element by way of the wbs settlement rule but how would that be done for reporting purposes? I've seen it done before by way of a nightly job that created sets based on the combination of cost center and wbs but I'm not sure how that was done. Any advise and examples?

Cost Center: IT

WBS: A.0017.01.01 (settles to cost center IT)

Postings made:

1. CC IT and CE 552000 "salaries"..............................$20,000

2. WBS A.0017.01.01 and CE 552000 "salaries"........... $5,000

3. Settlement of WBS to CC (expenses flow through to CC IT by way of CE 985000)

I want to run CC IT and see that the account 552000 really shows $25,000 and can be broken down by cost object (CC and WBS by the amounts above)

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question