cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatfile--XI--SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i have a scenario,where i get a flat file and that need to be loaded to SAP PS.ie Project systems

here,SAP system is ECC.

i get a flat file with details of some project id and the details.....and that need to be sent to approval which is SAP ECC system ...once the approval is done then to SAP PS .ie SAP ECC again....if the appover doesnt approve..then it should go back with some message why that is not being approved....

any idea how to go ahed with this.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BPM as

Step 1- Recieve

Step 2 - Transformation step - map the file to ask PS system

Step 3 - Synchronus step - you can get response if accepted or rejected data. Even asychronus can work in this case you need to set response parameter in step or Fault message.

Step 4 - Control/Switch step put condition

Step 5 based on condition Accepted then Send it to ECC system. else send it back to the Sender system.

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

You can perform this with BPM as well as without BPM

Without Using BPM you can do this using Enhanced mode of reciever determination. Use a XSL mapping and define you condition in that. Set the condition in Enhanced Reciever determination and perform this task

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u have any idea baout how to go with BPM Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

You could think this scenario as different simple scenarios, one for each way, with receiver determination (when approved or not), etc. or also use a BPM with deadlines to have the scenario designed as an unified workflow, but remember to use deadlines (control step) to avoid to use too much resources of your XI system.

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u give me the steps plz....for both...

if BPM used....

what should be the first step....

receive step??....send step

If it is with receiver detrmination,how should we do that....plz elobarate it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

BPMs are triggered or started by a receive step that receives the initial message.

Your scenario looks like this (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) File -> XI -> SAP ECC (for approval)

2) a) SAP ECC -> XI -> SAP PS (if approved)

b) SAP ECC -> XI -> File (?) (if not approved)

Without BPM, there are 2 scenarios, one File->XI->SAP ECC using file/ftp sender adapter and rfc, abap proxy, or IDoc receiver adapter to insert data in SAP ECC.

The other, SAP ECC -> XI -> SAP PS or File, based upon approval, could be done as a single scenario, using XPATH for a content based message routing, to SAP PS if approved or to File if not, based on the content of some fields of the message.

check:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/enhanced%2breceiver%2bdetermination%2bin%2bsap...

Using BPM, you could have something like this:

1) receive step (file)

2) send step async to SAP ECC

3) receive step from SAP ECC (use correlation to detect if the incoming message is the same that was sent to SAP ECC). Also use a block with a control step to control the deadline time

4) use a switch step to determine if the message should go to SAP PS receiver or to File receiver.

5) use a send step for each branch of the switch control.

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful.