cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discount condition type in credit memo request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does it make sense to include discount condition type in credit memo request. Any thoughts please share.

Thanks

Suddu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

yes, it definitely makes sense sometimes to maintain discounts in credit memo requests or sales returns.

it is possible that when you give out discounts for orders in a given period, that some customers may order beyond their normal requirements just to avail of the discount. they then return the unsold quantities to you, or that there are credit requests without physical returns that result from damages to products from overstocking. it these scenarios, it is only fair you will not credit the full amount to your customers for the return.

further, depending on your copy controls, if you create returns or credit memo requests with reference to earlier sales documents, the conditions can be copied.

of course, there should be controls on order quantities in the first place, but this cannot be done every time. it all depends on your business requirements.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Credit memo request will follow two business scenarios

1. when the customer returns the good and he requires credit

2. without returning he requires a credit.

your scenarios is second one.

yes you can maintain discount condition types in credit memo request . it make sense

regards

krishna

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudval

I think it doesn't make any sense by maintaining the discount condition type at the time issuing the credit memo request .

As you are giving some amount in the form of credit memo request, how can you discount again by using a discount condition type ? I don't think so.

Unless client requirement is there

But can i know the scenario why this discount condition type takes place at the time of credit memo request ?

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. My stand point is also the same, not to include disount in credit memo request.

But the scenario is something like below:

Customer returns some products, and the company wants to charge them as stocking fee and give the credit memo.

Suddu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudval

If the customer is returning and the company is stocking fee the why dont you use the subsequent free of charge delivery doc type and issue those stocks to the customer

Let me know the status

Reagrds

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, in return process the customer is returning the material (goods receipt to the company) and then the company issues the credit memo. This is fine, but for these materials company charges some stocking fee(see how it happens in consignments) and this fee has to be included in credit memo. This fee is to be deducted from the credit value.

But how this need to be setup in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this, as you said, the only way is to maintain a dicount condition type. If you maintain any other condition type, it will give the credit to the customer. Copy a dicount condition and rename it, maintain the access as customer and order type (or you can make it as manual) , maintian the condition in the pricing procedure with an account key.

For finance posting part of this particular discount, you need to consult with your finance people and they will guide you. But this should be tested thouroughly before maintianing in production.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think so, because any way you are giving credit to the customer, why to maintain a discount ???? discount to whom??

I think it doesn't make sense to maintian a discount condition ina credit memo request.

Prase