cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Transportation Lanes from R/3 to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we are creating transportation lanes in APO via BAPI calls from R/3. We have been lead to believe that transportation lanes can be CIF'ed over to APO.

We are only executing GATP in APO. We currently do not use DP, SNP, PP/DS, TP/VS, etc.

I have seen several OSS notes that allows additional fields to be added to the CIF screen (tx = CFM1) but these fields would be more for filtering data.

We just upgraded our APO system from 3.1 to 5.0. The CFM1 screen stayed the same in SCM 5.0. Could it be possible that we don't have an updated CFM1 screen with the option of CIF'ing transportaion lanes??

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you in your requirement only describe gATP, I am a bit unsure why you need the transportation lanes? There are some different ways to handle the scheduling part in gATP and you should look into this before making any decisions regarding this. Normally you can ake use of transportation zones in APO to give a goiod level of detail vs maintenance for transportation lead time scheduling. gATP also allows for usage of condition technique and, as of 5.0, a new general procudure process scheduling from which I have no experience. I can see benefitds with transportation zones and scheduling, and in this scenario it would be possoble to make use of some data (customers) that can be CIFed and grouped. But as said there are several options, please specify your requirments to see if I can support further.

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can create T Lanes automatically using Scheduling agreements or PIR as said by Somanath. But this can be used only if you have external procurement relationship data in R/3.

But if you want to create T Lanes for your company network e.g. from plant to DC, then you should maintain special procurement type in R3 spro and in material master. When master data is CIFed T Lanes will be created automatically.

In CFM1 there is no provision for transfering T lanes.

Regards,

Vaibhav

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In APO you can manually create Transportation Lanes as well as using BAPIs.

On the other hand you can use Purchasing Inforecords, Contracts and/or Scheduling Agreements master in R/3 or ECC to automatically create External Procurement Relationships (/SAPAPO/PQBSRC1) in APO via CIF. Along with creation of Procurement Relationships automatically transportation Lanes get created in APO.

The CIF Integration Model in R/3 need to include either Purchasing Inforecords, Contracts, Scheduling Agreements to create corresponding Transportation Lanes in APO.

You will not get T Lane as an object in CFM1.

Hope this helps.

Somnath