cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of MDM 5.5 on the same server as the ERP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Communitiy,

is it possible to install the MDM 5.5 components on the same server (Windows 2003 x64 Edition) as the ERP 6.0 system installed?

And at the 2nd: Can anybody tell me about the efforts to install the complete MDM 5.5 solution?

Many thanks to all answers.

regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I refer you to the documentation centre. Here you can find MDM Installation and Sizing guides

Some general comments:

MDM is an in memory application. If you install MDM with other applications then you may experience some performance problems i.e. competing for CPU and RAM.

Also consider scaleability. If you want to grow your solution then a standalone installation for mdm maybe a better approach.

At a min it is recommended that you separate the MDM Server and the DB Server. Your installation requirements for MDIS and MDSS may vary depending on the volume of inbound and out bound traffic and if these process are being run in parallel. A possible scenario is another separate MDIS/MDSS Server or a further split of these components if processing is high. –

Of course the basis guys will give you a better idea

The Sizing Guide will give you a recommendation based on the model complexity, number records number of user etc for SAPs, RAM and Disk space.

Regards

con

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is it possible to install the MDM 5.5 components on the same server (Windows 2003 x64 Edition) as the ERP 6.0 system installed?

Possible. But more importan question is how will this impact the performance. consider the data volume and peak load for ERP syatem before doing that.

And at the 2nd: Can anybody tell me about the efforts to install the complete MDM 5.5 solution?

please go thru the installation guides and sizing guidelines for MDM in service market place or follow the link

Hope it helps.

Regards-

Ravi