cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control record mapping in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing File to IDOC scenario. In this I am using MBGMCR03. In EDI_DC40 segment I have mapped constants to the sender n receiver port, partner frofile etc. And in IDOC receiver adaptor i have selected take sender from payload. It is working fine.

However when i will transport my scenario to quality , How am i going to change all these constants with the new names?

is there any better way of doing it? Like my sender details will be automatically determined by PI system.

Thanks,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this logic in a UDF and assign the values to the target nodes;

// Get the system name

String sysName = (String) System.getProperty("SAPSYSTEMNAME");

if(sysName.equals("<XIDEVSERVER>")){

//your logic

}

else if(sysName.equals("<XIQASERVER>)){

//your logic

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. I will try all those things u suggested.

I am doing IDOC scenario first time. And I want to know what is the Best Practice? Shall we hard code the values of sender n receiver in mapping or if not then how do we map the header of outbound IDOC from XI to SAP?

Thanks,

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I think so there is no possibility to change the field values automatically when you moved the scenario from dev to qa.

may be you can try to write a udf for that.

Manually you have to do the changes.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Vani.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1.if i use full export for transporting SLD from DEV to QA,can i use the same tecnical systems and business systems in QA?

Can T.S and B.S also get transported from DEV to QA?

You can use same technical systems and Business systems.

1. Go to Dev SLD and Export all your SWCV, Products, Technical and Business Systems. This is nothing but saving of the SLD objects as a CIM file on your local machine. You would also need to export the Technical And Business System poitning to your XI integration server .

2. Go to the QA SLD and then import these objects exported in Step 1 in QA SLD

3. Now, create the QA Tech and Business Systems in the QA SLD

4. Go to the Dev Business systems imported on the QS SLD and you will have an option Transport Targets. In this map the Source Business System to the Target Business Systems.

Make sure that all Dev Business Systems have the correspodning Transport Targets for the QA Business SYstems

5. Now if you import the ID objects in QA , the business systems name will be renamed automatically.

2.In such case how to define business systems groups and transport targets?

You need to create Transport Groups on your QA SLD. One for Dev and One for QA. You can create Transport Groups only for Integration Server Business Systems.

And this is why you would need to export the Dev XI technical System and Business System from the SLD of Dev and Import it into the QA SLD.

2. Create the transport groups and then assign all Dev Business Systems to Dev Group, all QA Business Systems to QA group and then create the transport targets.

You use the Option related Integration server in the Business Systems to assign a Business System to a Group.

Refer

How to handle SLD for Tranporting Dev to Quality ser

https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700001684302005E/HowToSLDandXI.pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0fa2c490-0201-0010-61b4-df1...

Overview of Transition from Dev to QA in XI

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Reward if it is useful..