cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background jobs running in the names of ex-employees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I turned on the audit log (SM19 &SM20). I see like there is a program RSBTCRTE background job starting in the names of contractors who left our company. I couldnt get much info on RSBTCRTE and also can anybody suggest me how i can change the userids of these jobs otherwise how i can identify what programs are really scheduled by them and standardize them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got to SM37 -> look for the job -> tick the job -> Job -> Change -> Step -> click the change button -> enter new user.

Jobs can only be changed on status released or scheduled

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Juan, can u tell me what is this program RSBTCRTE actually does. Because many users in auditlog have this started in the background.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know RSBTCRTE report sends spool outputs to mail recipients...

hope that helps

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Juan, just one more question . Are there any tables or programs that can give information like "last 30 days jobs" or "all the jobs sceduled" in the syste. Sorry actually im asking you without googling much on this topic. Im just continuing the flow.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look into table TBTCO.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just need a table whihc can show me what jobs are really scheduled and who is the user for that job so that i can change users if they are our ex-employees. The table TBTCO gives job logs.

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendran,

If you want to find out of basis of step user the future jobs then it is pretty difficult but assuming that there is 1:1 relationship between job owner and step user then you have an option. *Go to SM37 transaction and give job name and user as *.

Next select only released and schedules status and keep the date field empty. Execute and you will get a list of all jobs that are scheduled or released to run in future. Then look for obsolete job owners but as i said earlier this may not be still exhaustive if job owner ans step user are different and if job owner is a valid user and step user (which you can't see unless you go individually into each job) is obsolete one. There might be sometable for this info but I am ot sure and I don't have access to SAP right now. But may be you can check TBTC* tables )maybe TBTCP has it-

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

Thanks for your effort in explaining the things. The TBTC* tables are like log..which are showing everything. I need a table that shows how many programs are scheduled to run daily or monthly or yearly and who is the user who scheduled it. This would help me to sort out things very easily and change the user names of our ex-employees. Can u more briefly tell me about step user and job owner ( step user who uses that and job owner is who created it...is that all?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendran,

Yeah your concept of step user and job owner is correct but as I said it won't be easy finding such a table. The best option in that case would be SM37.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guyz..thank youe very much for ruchit and juan..iam closing this thread