cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2005 standar eng Licence & DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2005 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I plan to install the latest version of SAP IDES with SQL and i have some question about it:

My company already have a SQL licence (CDs delivered by Microsoft)

In the marketplace, i had to download all SAP IDES components for the IDES installation and it need the DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2005 SP2.

Can i use the DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2005 SP2 delivered by SAP (by double clicking SQL4SAP.vbs) or

Do i have to install first SQL Server 2005 (Microsoft Version) and applying the SQL4SAP script?

Thanks in advance.

Pascal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your licensing question, it depends on your SAP license, but I would assume most SAP licenses are similar to ours in that the SQL Server installation that SAP runs on is licensed through SAP, and you will not have to obtain an additional license from microsoft.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey Stephens,

that was what i was wondering. Thank you for your help. I gave points to Markus too.

Best regards to you two.

Päscal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can i use the DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2005 SP2 delivered by SAP (by double clicking SQL4SAP.vbs) or

> Do i have to install first SQL Server 2005 (Microsoft Version) and applying the SQL4SAP script?

the SQL4SAP script installs the database preconfigured. If you already have an SQL Server installation you can use that one of course, you just need to make sure you use the same service packs and hofixes as if you installed it via SQL4SAP.

The script is a visual basic script, you can open it in an editor and check what is install and configured how and reproduce this on your installation manually.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for replying. Yes i know about it but i was wondering about the SQL licence.

Do i need to pay another Licence for the SQL DVD delivered by SAP? Because we already have a SQL Microsoft Licence.

So i have 2 ways for the installation:

1/ Installing the SQL CDs Microsoft version (including Licence Key) first and applying SQL4SAP.vbs in the SAP SQL DVD

2/ Installing the SQL DVD SAP version directly by applying the SQL4SAP.vbs whitch i don't know if i need a licence for using the SQL DVD delivered by SAP.

Thanks again for replying.

Pascal.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem you may have is, that the "standard editions" are not tested - see note 62988 - Service packs for Microsoft SQL Server

<...>

Supported editions

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 are only tested in the Enterprise Edition by SAP. Therefore, only the Enterprise Edition is supported. The SAP support may not be able to solve problems that occur with other editions.

<...>

Apart from that there is not difference between the SAP installation DVD media including SP2 and hotfixes and doing it manually.

Markus