cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add item to Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I add an Item to a delivery it defaults the movement to 601 although the first item was created for a transfer posting 311 movt.

How do you control the movement type when an item is added to an existing delivery with no reference to a Sales order?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hisham,

The movement type is picked from the Schedule line just the same way the system would behave if you added the same item to the sales order.

That means: Imagine you are entering that item in the Sales order. Then what would be the schedule line category?

From that schedule line category, you would get the movement type.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case the delivery is without reference to a sales order, so there are no schedule lines.

How is the movement determined for a delivery without reference?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hisham,

This is the trick.

Even if you enter a new item directly in the delivery, the program goes to the Sales order item category assignment table (T184), finds the relevant item category, and then, for this item category, it finds the schedule line category from the Sales order schedule line category assignment table (TVEPZ).

So you literally have to IMAGINE you are entering the item in the sales order because the logic is the same.

I hope this explains more clearly.

Regards

Nikhilesh