cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create customer material information(vd51) and what is it's use

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to create customer material information(vd51) and what is it's use.

does it will work even in mm module also??

my requirement is such that...

my sap code is 235

where as customer will give purchaase order on code 536.when i am entering this 536 code in my system,automatically sytem should propse my sap code of 235.subsequently my inventory should reduce.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the transaction for maintaining the customer material inforecord is VD51.Data on a material defined for one specific customer is stored in the customer material information records.

Features:

During order entry, items can be entered by specifying the material number used by the customer. You also enter a customer material number in the order view of the sales order. You can then use both material numbers during the order entry, the material number your company uses or the one defined by the customer, because the system can carry out allocation automatically.

If you maintain the plant in the customer material info record, the system will give priority for the plant maintained in the CMIR in the order.

Prase

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

AS bill said,

VD51 - CMIR exactly fit for your req-

Goto VD51- enter the customer & salse data-

enter your material and customer material

here whatever the details -

will have the more priority than other for eg: if you enter plant Max no of partial del's etc.& item usage.

these fields will be taken more priority.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji

In VD51, maintain material code 235 on the left side and 536 on the right side. By doing so, when you generate sale order for 235, it also propose 536 for that particular customer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement is perfect for VD51. Test it exactly as you described and it should work. You will see this mentioned in many threads here as CMIR (Customer Material Info Record) so do some other searched in here and you'll get more detail