cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing of SAP DMS documents on local intranet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario in DMS where I have to publish documents from DMS on local intranet. How can I achieve this? The documents e.g. are like Environment policy, saftey manual , travel policy which has to be viewed by each person of a company when he log-in into an intranet. We need to publish hyperlink on intranet such that as soon one click to this link, a document linked from SAP DMS should get opened.

We can do this in portal or through web DMS, but there again one cannot publish hyperlink. User has to search for the document in SAP DMS.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number of ways to do this. The method I would recommend is to create a function module that issues a URL link to the document which can be put onto an external website. You can setup the url to check the SAP authorisation first to ensure that the person is authorised to view the document and to prevent people publishing sensitive links to the website.

This could be done as a button on the main DMS screen so you can create the url directly from the DIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. May I publish this link which is created by the funcation module on intranet website of company other than SAP Portal?

End user will visit the intranet of comany where he will click the link and document from DMS will be visible. Will it work like hyperlinking the file?

Thanks and regards,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

The url link can be valid outside of SAP if you want it to be so it doesn't have to be on the portal. We have used it to insert URL links imbedded in documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Which is function the module to be used to create this URL?

Kindly send the document if you have any.

Regards,

Hemant