Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taking returns from the last sales price

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we have 2 condition type in our sales order;

fist one is sales price and second one is discount,by the time sales prices can change,I wonder if there is any way to take returns with the same conditions for the material which was sold as lastly.

for instance A material was sold with 10 unit price at first

sales price changed and it was sold with 12 unit price secondly (two sales was made to the same customer)

and price changed again and sals price have been 11 unit

but I want to take the material form the same customer with the last sales price (12 unit)

is there any possibilitiy?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is not a good practice and not followed in real time business scenarios. If your company allows to take the returns at last sale price, either the company or the customer will lose. The normal practice is to take the returns at the invoiced price for that material and on that you can avoid freight, you can deduct some amount to discourage returns. Hence based on the requirement, different pricing procedure may be used for returns process.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion

but this is whatever they expect from the returns,any suggestion more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It may not be possible, even if you do a pricing update (redetemine the pricing) in the return order with reference to the invoice, the system will fetch only the currently maintained condition, that is 11 per unit.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

abap routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is practiced at many companies.

Alternate Base Value routine can be used for this purpose.

Thanks

Sorry - by the time i submitted, it was answered.

Edited by: S Chak on Jan 15, 2011 8:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends!

i believe this is possible, when you create a returns order with reference to a sales document. the conditions in the referenced document are copied into the returns order (you have to do the requisite copy controls). whether these conditions are retained or overwritten depends on the type of pricing update and pricing procedure that you assign to the returns order.

of course, whether this is best practice is another issue.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what prasanth told is correct. you can maintain seperate pricing procedure for return process. So that you can change manual condition types in return order level.

regards

krishna