cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Transaction not working from WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Remote function module in which i am performing a BDC using CALL Transaction. When i execute it from R/3 it works. But when i call the BAPi from Webdynpro it doesn't. The Call Transaction doesn't give any error. Only success message except the "Document created...." message. I have checked in the R/3 side. The contract is not getting created at all but as i said the call transaction is giving success messages. This i found when I tried debugging using external (HTTP) debugging.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

See the following thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that the error returned by call transaction statement (when i call it from webdynpro through a remote function module) is;

"Unable to initialise ABAP Control Framework ..."

"Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached " Can anybody help me please.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It looks like that particular transaction is dependent on the SAPgui. You will not be able to use this BDC from your webdynpro application.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

the transaction is VA41 (Create Contract). Can you explain a bit more on "transaction is dependent on sapgui"? You mean there is no way to cannot resolve this?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When doing recordings or BDC in SAP, it is making a recording of the screen processing. Certain UI elments are dependent on the SAPgui, they use some code that resides in the SAPgui installation. So when being called when the gui is not available, you get this kind of error.

Have you thought about using the BAPI instead?

BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. i know the Function module. Actually i have some customized screen in that transaction. This BAPI was giving me an incompatibility error when i pass the data in "Extension" parameter. Can you please let me know how to use that?