cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order type and Item category group

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me which is the relation between order type and Item category group from material master ??

In fact the problem is that I have created a material and when I want to create new sales order it gives me this errror:

"No item category available (Table T184 ZORDER ZITGR)"

Is there a tranzaction where I can assign Item category group ZITGR to sale order type ZORDER or something like that??

What should i do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the sales doc type of your order and item cat group of the materials.

the combination of this should have a resultant item cat determined at VOV4.

in material master check/fix

Item category group (sales org data)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Goto T-Code VOV4 and maintain the table

Sales Doc type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher level Item Category = Item Category

TA + NORM + Nil + Nil = TAN

If you have Customized your own Document Type and Item Category Group and Item Category then give your

Sales Doc type (ZORDER)+ Item Category Group (ZITGR)+ Usage + Higher level Item Category = Item Category (ZTAN)

Reward if helpful

Regards PAVAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Check for your item cat. determiantion in the sales documents in IMG.

now check whether you have defined the item categoriey group in ther material master records.

Surely your problem will be solved.

regards,

Amlan

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Amlan, your answer is for description? If yes can you give me IMG path?

If no, please someone illuminate me.. . from where came that text in VA01 description field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The description comes from the material master record.

Open your material master record and besides material number field there is material description field.

In case this does not answer your question, please be more specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Description comes from the Material Master .

Item category will be determined in the sales order based on :

1: Item category group assigned in the material master (Sales Org Screen)

2: Item Category assignments (Sales doc Type - Item Category group - Usage - Higher Level Item - Default Item category - Manual Item category) this assignment is done in IMG- SPRO-Sales and Distirbution - Sales - Sales Documents - Sales Document Items - Assign Item categories.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In vov4 define sales doc type+ Item category group +item usage + H level item category = default item category

chetan

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

?

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The description is of Item category which you define in the transaction- vov7.

Regarding the problem the item category has not available in the table t184. In the table T184 the document type is assigned to the item category. Hence if it is not assigned it will give the error. Go to se11 and enter the table name and try to enter the document type and item category. This u can do only if u have access else take the help of an ABAPer who has the access.

Thanks

Vamshi

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

I've entered in vov7 and it seems that item category text does not match with va01 description for a particular item category from va01.

Are u sure that deescription field came from vov7 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In transaction VOV4 you need to assign the combination of item category, sales doc type, higher level item cet and usage. This should solve your problem.

Regards

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

In VA01 there is a field called "Description"

From where came that text (description) ?