cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update exchange rate type (not rate) in open sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our requirement is to update the exchange rate type at sales order header (VBAK-KURST) for all open sales orders with a new type created. (Z001). This field does not appear in MASS transaction for sales orders despite being present in the structure MASSSDHEAD.

This field cannot be located even in VA02 transaction (I am not sure if standard SAP masks or shows this field at header; I also can't find any transaction variants assigned).

Can anyone suggest how this field can be updated for sales orders either individually or in mass mode.

Regards,

KC

SAP SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct in indicating that Exchange rate type field is not seen in Header data of sales order. I checked screen layouts for various screens for sales order data and this field is not suppressed. The only reason could be that this field is not used in sales order screens

If you are interested, you could also check in the following way

1. Go to SE11, enter database table as VBAK

2. Once inside data dictionary table, click where used list button, select programs and screens and execute

3. click continue (don't select background)

4. now you would have list of programs and screens, this table is used

5. now start another session and go to transaction SE51

6. indicate program name as SAPMV45A and screen numbers as listed in step 4. you can check all screen numbers to see whether Exchange rate type field is listed in sales order layout.

7. Of particular interest would be screen number 4311 as this contains Financial accounting data & 4303 Billing data

8. you can check screen layout for screen 4311 & 4303. you would see Exchange rate type field is not indicated.

9. in case you could find this field in any screen, you could ask your ABAP consultant to add this field in the layout screen.

Hope this answers your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

I searched the where used list of VBAK as a whole and also for individual fields; VBAK-KURST seems to be in none of the screens.

I have also searched for individual fields of the screens 4311 and 4303 (VBKD-KTGRD, etc.) where used list displays the screens and programs accurately; but if i do this for VBAK-KURST field, no screens are displayed.

May be standard SAP has included this in VBAK, etc. for something like header data comparison during invoice split analysis, etc. but not for manipulation by users. May be I have to do a more thorough search in SAP notes.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since no legitimate way of updating exchange rate type could be found, we chose to reject and recreate orders after updating the customer master with new exchange rate type.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear KC

Go to MASS, give Object Type BUS2032 and execute.

Now select "Sales Order header data" and click on Fields. There search for Field Name *MASSSDHEADS-KURSK*_ which is for Exchange Rate.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to update the rate type but not the rate value.

Regards,

KC