cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver - before message processing *urgent*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a scenario where i need to execute a script in File receiver adapter.

problem: "i send an xml file to target system, but as long as there is a .xml file in the directory, it should not send.

He should wait and send only then when there is no .xml file in the directory."

Is that possible with "run operating system command before" in the receiver adapter or i need for this issue BPM?

Best wishes,

FK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File receiver adapter has a "Run Operating System Command Before/After Message Processing" feature, so you could use it for such purpose :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

I think it could be better to use a script than using BPM (it will save resources at XI level).

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chris,

thank you for your reply.

This scenario that i am working on is a file to file scenario with tunneling. I have not done any Integration Repository settings because the data coming in different structures. That is the reason why i can't generate any data types and abstract interfaces.

Since you can not do that, as a result you cannot work with the BPM also.

Please correct me if i'm wrong,

Best Regards,

FK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fatih,

If those changing input structures are "randomly" (or ever changing) generated, it would be hard for you to set them up in the IR ...

But having different structures does not prevent you from defining their corresponding IR objects though (then you could map them against a unique target document that would be easily processed in XI) ! Could you provide more details of your needs please ?

Rgds

Chris

Edited by: Christophe PFERTZEL on Apr 30, 2008 4:58 PM

Answers (0)