cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs with .Net connector or Enterprise Services Explorer ?

andrew_filby
Explorer
0 Kudos

I need to write/obtain an application that is able to send AND receive IDOC files with SAP R/3 using C# and Visual Studio 2005.

I can see that the .Net Connector has the IDOCSender and IDOCReceiver examples that could be used, but I have also seen the "SAP Enterprise Services Explorer for Microsoft .NET" and I am unsure what I should be using ?

Can anyone help with an IDOC sender/receiver in C# and let me know if I should use the .Net connector or the Enterprise Services Explorer ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I would recommend using the .NET Connector (restriction is that you have to use Visual Studio 2003 for generating the proxies which then can be used in Visual Studio 2005/2008) or you take a look to the new adapter for SAP for BizTalk, which can also be used directly from Visual Studio without using BizTalk Server. For more information regarding this new Windows Communication Foundation based adapter see http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapter-pack.aspx. A free eval version is available, support of IDocs is build in so you can use ALE for your application.

Thanks,

Juergen

Dorian
Participant
0 Kudos

Of the two, I would use the Enterprise Explorer, as:

1) The .Net Connector is obsolete (and does not work with current versions of Visual Studio);

2) If there are Web Services already in existence, this will save some time & effort - existing services will be discovered by the Explorer.

If required services do not exist, you may want to consider using XI / PI in conjunction with your development; then you can simply map your consumer message to the IDOC segment fields.

Regards,

D.